25, tired, stressed and almost done trying

Options
2»

Replies

• Mrsfitgoals
    Options
    Goodluck : ( I'm sorry you're going through this, it seems really stressful. It also seems like you're alone, away from your family and friends. I think that you could use this as an opportunity to maybe get to know your town more! I personally have a REALLy hard time losing weight. However, one great thing that has come from my journey is that I've gained a real love of exercising. Specifically, group exercise classes (yoga, barre, zumba). It really is a great way to meet some other women, and it will hopefully release hormones that may increase your mood. I think that this could be a great new adventure for you! I wish you lots of luck
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wish you well with your diet and with having a child. Friends can be a big help or another obstacle. I like East2West14's idea of recruiting friends in your weight loss goals. You may also be able to make friends with some of the other military wives and work out with them. Even though you think they're skinny, they may still be self-conscious about their looks. Plus if they are as thin as you think they are, they could be a positive influence. Just as you reached out here in cyberspace, don't be shy about reaching out to the people around you. Best of luck!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Just because those other women are skinny, that doesn't mean they are in fabulous shape OR healthy. It wouldn't surprise me if they are feeling the same way about how lucky you must be to have curves. As you said yourself, high school (plus all the running, etc.) ended & the real world began. My suggestion would be to not worry about a scale #, just concentrate on being the healthiest that you can be. As goldfinger pointed out, weight related diseases are the things to be concerned about, but I don't think you're anywhere near needing to worry about them (unless there are hereditary factors I don't know about) & staying on top of that stuff at the young age you are will be the best defense against them developing........
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I need to do something to get into better shape and eating better isn't doing it by itself so im trying anything at this point. It comes in packages for a month so I'd be trying it for at least a month.

You said it yourself.... ' you're trying anything at this point.... ' which kind of has a note of desperation to it. Herbalife isn't some kind of magic solution.... and no matter how you go about it, you should LOG everything at MFP.... and if TDEE seems a bit complicated to figure out your calorie goals / macros.... just let MFP do it, using BMR.... fill in your details, and how much weight you want to lose per week.... since you're looking to lose a whole lot, probably 1 lb per week would be a good starting goal. Then, eat, log, and lose.

:wink:

I ate it.
    I logged it.
    I moved on.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    good luck. stick with it!!