waist to hip ratio

Options
Prior to kids I had an hourglass shape, but since having them my hips widened and now I'm a pear. I have been losing weight, but my ratio has been staying the same. 40-37.5 (measured at belly button)-46.

I know you can't spot reduce, but I was curious what results others had had after kids. Did you return to the same body type? Change? Did you have to wait until closer to goal?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Well, it is hard to say for sure until you get pretty close to your goal. It could just be extra fat stores around your hips, though I do believe that a woman's hips widen during pregnancy. Or at least the cervix does. *shrugs*
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    <-- my high school pic vs current. Sadly, it's the best I got to compare but of my prior form, as I've been overweight pre pregnancy for awhile but I'm in the same size jeans I wore back in high school after having 2 kids.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My body stayed hourglass. After my 2nd child I had a 10 inch difference between hips and waist. 70lbs less, I had the exact same difference! I'm now pregnant with my third and hoping I keep that shape!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I had wide hips before I had kids (I've had 3). Currently I have a 29" waist and 41" hips.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have a 26 inch waist and 37.5 inch hips. So yea, I'm a pear and okay with that