Advocare

Options
Hey guys, so I'm starting Advocare in January. To anyone who may have done it before, do I need to track the calories from the Advocare supplements on MFP?

Any other tips for combining the two?

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm starting Advocare in January. To anyone who may have done it before, do I need to track the calories from the Advocare supplements on MFP?

Any other tips for combining the two?

You don't need to track them, but some do have calories. With the meal plan you really aren't worrying about calories, but mfp is a good way to see how much you are taking in. If you are a few calories over your allowance because of your supplements I wouldn't sweat it. Or just go for a walk to burn them off. :wink:
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started my first 24 Day Challenge, I have logged the calories from supplements.

Good Luck!
  • Stooooo
    Options
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Solid link.

There's no need for expensive supplements. If you're dying to get rid of your hard earned money then give it to your favorite charity instead.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Solid link.

There's no need for expensive supplements. If you're dying to get rid of your hard earned money then give it to your favorite charity instead.

Sorry disagree, because Spark is cheaper and better for you then any other energy drink. To each his own...
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Solid link.

Sorry disagree, because Spark is cheaper and better for you then any other energy drink. To each his own...

Proof ?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

Look at the website. You are so good at looking things up. Topic clearly say Advocare, why come here?

p.s. Spark cost me about 1.00 a serving, how's that expensive?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Subscribed.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I see this all the time on IG. What is this? Like high-end Slim Fast or something?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I see this all the time on IG. What is this? Like high-end Slim Fast or something?

No actually is a healthy lifestyle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

Look at the website. You are so good at looking things up. Topic clearly say Advocare, why come here?

Looking at a website designed to sell a product does NOT provide an unbias look at supplements. It's not to say the advocare supplements are good or bad. The question you have to ask, do you have a gap in your nutrition that a supplement is worth buying and do you want to buy the product based on the price.. The fact is, most supplements are not tested, so there is NO best out there. Essentially, you need to take supplements at face value. Personally, I only take a multivitamin just in case my diet doesn't cover it. Below is a good article on supplements to help make a decision.

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/the-simple-truth-about-supplements/
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

Looking at a website designed to sell a product does NOT provide an unbias look at supplements. It's not to say the advocare supplements are good or bad. The question you have to ask, do you have a gap in your nutrition that a supplement is worth buying and do you want to buy the product based on the price.. The fact is, most supplements are not tested, so there is NO best out there. Essentially, you need to take supplements at face value. Personally, I only take a multivitamin just in case my diet doesn't cover it. Below is a good article on supplements to help make a decision.

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/the-simple-truth-about-supplements/

You again? :tongue:

Most aren't but ours are.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

I would think you would realize by my post count, you would realize I am a post *kitten*.. so I am everywhere.. :laugh:

And can you provide any studies?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

I would think you would realize by my post count, you would realize I am a post *kitten*.. so I am everywhere.. :laugh:

I'm sorry I am far to busy improving my life and the lives of others to provide you with an actual study. I am sure our companies scientific board would be happy to answer any questions. I can get you their email address if you would like?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Love the people who sell a product......
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Solid link.

Proof ?

I'm sorry I am far to busy improving my life and the lives of others to provide you with an actual study. I am sure our companies scientific board would be happy to answer any questions. I can get you their email address if you would like?

You would think you would have tons of actual studies to show the people who's lives you are trying to improve...or do you expect them to take your word for it?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No need. Advocare just wants your money.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Reaching out to Advocare's scientific board will be as effect as asking beachbody if shakeology is good. No matter the question I ask, they will always provide a beneficial answer so they can sell products.. it's confirmation bias. This is why I always request a peer reviewed unbiased study from a good source such as the NIH or ACSM

OP, like I stated before, supplements just fill gaps in your nutrition. There is no benefit from the advocare supplements, let along most supplements on the market. A basic multivitamin will suffice. Essentially, if you manage your diet, you can hit some major goals; aiming for 1g of protein and .35g of fat is beneficial to not only satiety but overall health (protein helps with lean body mass retention and helps maintain the metabolism). Additionally, if you need a preworkout boost, caffeine has been proven to increase performance.