Numpty ...

Ellem86
Ellem86 Posts: 204
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I ordered the 30 Day Shred dvd this morning and I have spent all morning looking for 3 kg dumbells. I read that you need 3 lb dumbells but my British brain immediately computed that as 3 kg. That's quite the relief, although it translates to a piddly 1.5 kg dumbell! How on earth can that be effective when I do bicep curls with 5 kg dumbells easily enough?! Yes, I know I will rue the day I uttered those words once I have begun the workout!

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    :laugh: I am so glad you posted this, because I did EXACTLY the same...my first time ever I did the Shred I did it with 5kg weights because this was all I had - and I thought well it's only 2kg more than they reccommend how hard can it be...?

Turns out very hard when they are talking in lbs not kgs!! I thought I was going to die!

I now use two sets of weights...2kg and 4kg...and alternate depending on which exercise I am doing (you will know what I mean when you get the DVD...although they just use the same weight some are much harder than others!!)

And also like you, I use anything between a 5kg and a 12kg free weight in the gym depending on which exercise I am doing - so you DO need to drop the weight...It's more like body pump if you've ever done that? Loads of quick reps and a much lighter weight...

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it!!
This discussion has been closed.