Frustrated

I weighed myself this morning after one week of exercise and sticking to my calories and I have not lose a single pound. I know that the scale is not the best indicator for progress but it made me feel so bad when I saw the numbers. I will keep up the work I am doing I just want it to write it down to let this feelings go.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You've got the right attitude. Maintaining is better than gaining. It took me ages to start losing, but look at me now. I wish I'd been as smart as you are about it.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    If your body is anything like mine it sometimes takes 2-3 weeks for my body to realize what it is doing. Be patient.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    I weighed myself this morning after one week of exercise and sticking to my calories and I have not lose a single pound. I know that the scale is not the best indicator for progress but it made me feel so bad when I saw the numbers. I will keep up the work I am doing I just want it to write it down to let this feelings go.

Good attitude! No, great attitude! Log everything you eat down to the last crumb. Eat with a small deficit. Exercise with all you are worth. Measure your body --neck, arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs and calves. Eyeball the bathroom scale from time to time. Be patient, and good things will come to you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Hang in there! ;)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    That is frustrating - it's nice to see results on the scale to show your hard work - but like everybody else said your attitude is great. Stick with it and the scale will catch up. I have weeks where I do everything perfectly and the scale doesn't budge, and weeks where I'm not so perfect and the scale drops. When I look at the big picture (70 pounds down in 2013) it makes up for sticking with it even after those weeks where the scale frustrated me.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Merry Xmas to you and hang in there. I agree with everyone else n don't focus to much on the scale.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member

Pick an outfit, and take several pictures in it now. In a month, take another set of pictures in the same outfit.

This is a VERY good example of why to do this. In the picture on the left I am not 100% sure what I weighed, but I know it was no more than 199lbs and no less than 188lbs. I wore a 42DD bra, and size 16/18 pants. unfortunately, I went on to gain another 30lbs, and hit a high of 228lbs. In the picture on the right, I struggled for 10 months, and lost enough weight to get down to 196lbs. I am wearing the SAME top. But in the second pic, I wear a size 38D bra and 14 pants.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I have *only* lost 6lbs since then, but the picture on the right was taken a few weeks ago.

11099489163_a176cdc50d.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    one week in and frustrated..?????

come on…this is going to take a long time and you need to accept that fact…we did not get obese/out of shape in one week, and it is going to take a whole log longer to get back into shape/not be obese…

It usually takes four to six weeks for your body to adapt to any change.

keep working out and eating in deficit and you will see progress…if not, then reevaluate, readjust in four to six weeks…

Its a marathon not a sprint
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    It took me seven weeks before the scale started to move. I know the feeling of frustration, believe me, but it will happen. You body just needs time to accept that this lifestyle change is a real thing so it will release its death grip on the fat.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    keepcalm_zpse2cc8e44.jpg

Don't worry about the scale ...... it takes a few weeks to kick in ..... just keep on truckin' !
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Great attitude about it! Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    If you just started working out, your muscles are swollen and retaining water. You need to give it longer than 7 days. :flowerforyou:
  • Chizakura
    Chizakura Posts: 29 Member
    You're keeping a healthy attitude, so that's progress right there. :)

I find for me, I'll maintain, maintain, maintain, WHOA FIVE POUNDS OFF rinse repeat. It's possible your body might do the same. :)