New and motivated!!

Options
Hi! I am new to this site, been tracking my daily food intake for 3 days now. Loving holding myself responsible for what I am eating. I am a stay at home mom of 3 children, 15,4,&2. I know that this site has so much to offer I am just going to struggle finding the time to be on here. I am 33 years old and have been overweight almost my whole life. I have tried several different approaches to losing weight, and nothing successful for the long term. I have read and seen many people say that they have that defineing moment to change their life. I always wondered what that felt like and how and when would it come for me. Well it did, not really sure how or why but it did. I overheard some moms talking at my sons baseball game about a bootcamp class at our local fitness center. I started asking questions about it and then went to the fitness center to sign up. That was 11 weeks ago and I have been going strong ever since. I love getting up and being at the fitness center by 5:30 to work out. It is the best and only time I have to devote solely for myself. I am now in a fitness class 5 days a week and LOVE them! So I have the excersize part figured out and now I have joined myfitnesspal to get my eating habits on track. I am looking for individuals to help keep me motivated when I am down, and to help me with finding the right foods to put in my diet. If you are intersted in being my friend here just let me know or just add me!:smile::smile:

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this site, been tracking my daily food intake for 3 days now. Loving holding myself responsible for what I am eating. I am a stay at home mom of 3 children, 15,4,&2. I know that this site has so much to offer I am just going to struggle finding the time to be on here. I am 33 years old and have been overweight almost my whole life. I have tried several different approaches to losing weight, and nothing successful for the long term. I have read and seen many people say that they have that defineing moment to change their life. I always wondered what that felt like and how and when would it come for me. Well it did, not really sure how or why but it did. I overheard some moms talking at my sons baseball game about a bootcamp class at our local fitness center. I started asking questions about it and then went to the fitness center to sign up. That was 11 weeks ago and I have been going strong ever since. I love getting up and being at the fitness center by 5:30 to work out. It is the best and only time I have to devote solely for myself. I am now in a fitness class 5 days a week and LOVE them! So I have the excersize part figured out and now I have joined myfitnesspal to get my eating habits on track. I am looking for individuals to help keep me motivated when I am down, and to help me with finding the right foods to put in my diet. If you are intersted in being my friend here just let me know or just add me!:smile::smile:

Welcome to MFP! Im happy to hear you are liking it. Im here to invite you to my little challenge I have going on in the Forums. Its call the "H20 Challenge" , Lose 20 pounds by Halloween.. Its just a challenge for us to try to get there.. Whether we do or not. IT will be nice us just trying. There are bunch of ladies that are very supportive there.. AFter the Challenge.. Were going ot make another one up and go from there.. Feel free to join.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114839-starting-weight-for-lose-20-pounds-by-halloween

Btw, My name is April.. I am 27 years old. Trying to get my weight undercontrol. For once I am succeeding instead of failing.. Look forward to seeing you over in the Challenge! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • krismatney
    Options
    Isn't this site great? I just found it a day or so ago & love it! Good luck