What am I alowed to eat???

Options
2»

Replies

• healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    if you've been tracking, why are you only eating 900 calories a day? that's not sustainable and that's why you're not losing weight. figure out your tdee like the rest of us and make a REAL attempt. eat what you want, so long as it fits your macros (check out iifym.com)
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I saw one of these videos and other people telling me basically that these things are bad. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHDrYEHQaY

Ultimately, eat whatever makes you feel good. You should really think about how you feel after a meal and if it isn't better than you felt before the meal, then you probably need to make some changes.

There are certainly some rules of thumb that you can follow to help with this but the ultimate guide is your own body. Don't get too wrapped up in what is "good or bad" because you can always find conflicting suggestions. Just pick something, anything really, and stick with it.

Good luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything ... just in moderation. Portion control.

This!^

Losing weight AND keeping it off forever, generally means lifestyle changes. Find healthy foods that you will eat forever. Not "diet" substitutes that you "have" to eat for now.

Staying full on 1400 net calories requires that I eat a decent amount of protein, fat & fiber. Protein helps me keep muscle while on a diet. Dietary fat is necessary for so many bodily functions (absorbing vitamins, etc) ....and fiber is good for digestion.

Eating too few calories (900 certainly qualifies) .....will help you lose "weight" .....as in muscle+fat. A modest calorie deficit will help you maintain muscle (if you are eating enough protein & adding strength training).....you will lose mostly fat.

Re: exercise. Again, lifestyle change. What exercise will you keep doing, even after the weight is off. You don't need to combine cardio & weights in the same workout....just do what you like to do.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my food since october, and i do count calories. So everything i eat in total is always 850 - 900 calories a day. But thanks for the advice
    open your diary
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my food since october, and i do count calories. So everything i eat in total is always 850 - 900 calories a day. But thanks for the advice
    open your diary

TDEE you should be eating:

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1838
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2107
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2375
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2643
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2911

*** to maintain your current weight***

*** to lose ***

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1470
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1685
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 1900
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2114
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2328

these numbers should be easily obtainable since you only eat 900/day:huh:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You are allowed to eat food. Just don't stop eating food
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    count your calories
    eat whatever you want

all these people have experience. listen to them
  • shawntyxl
    shawntyxl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How do you do that?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How do you do that?

How do you do what? Count calories and eat what you want?
    Invest in a scale and weight everything you can measure the rest with measuring spoons and cups. Log everything. Stay within your calorie goal.

If that is not what you were questioning, It is helpful if you quote the post you are referring to.