question about this site

Options
so when i started using this, i didn't know how to work with the "goals" part of it, making your goal, because i'd set it to "lose 1 lbs a week" and then i'd eat UNDER that, the thing is i just found out my TDEE, and it turns out...well this site subtracts and does the math for you. now, it may be christmas post food funk, but i JUST found this out, i'd been eating under, what i've already been eating under. so...no need to do that right? the site fixes that for you?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    The calories it tells you are what you should eat in order to lose the amount you picked. So if you picked "lose 1 lb a week" and it gives you 1500 calories to eat, if you eat all 1500 calories you will theoretically lose that 1 lb.

So yes, it does that for you.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Okay I am a bit confused by your question but I think I got it...

This site uses NEAT method. It gives you a number of calories to eat everyday based on your goals and your activity level. Any exercise you do you eat back those calories as it will cause you to be under what you should be...in other words you need to net the calories given to you by MFP.

TDEE method gives you your maitenance calories and then you minus a certian percentage. You eat that everyday....but the difference is TDEE method is not setup so you eat exercise calories back.

What method you choose is a personal thing. I started using the MFP method...then moved to TDEE-20% as I changed to weight lifting and it's too hard to get calories burned from that.
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    The calories it tells you are what you should eat in order to lose the amount you picked. So if you picked "lose 1 lb a week" and it gives you 1500 calories to eat, if you eat all 1500 calories you will theoretically lose that 1 lb.

So yes, it does that for you.
    gotcha...guess i've been eating more under than i was supposed to. i was creating a deficit when it already does it lol. it wasn't till i checked the goals thing that i noticed this.