BOSU! Whew!

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
just came back from the BOSU bootcamp class. it rocked. it is basically a step class, but it is done on that thingie that looks like half a resistance ball on a plastic platform. i was thinking it would be about the same as a step class, but it was *way* harder. every time you stand on that thing, every tiny muscle from your little toe straight to your abs are working to keep you balanced enough to stay on the ball. it was really hard! i probably did half the class on the floor, but i'm going to go back next week because i think it would be really beneficial. also, my ankles are pretty weak and subject to twisting, so i'm anxious to see if this will help strengthen them - it seems like it will. if anyone ever gets a chance to work with one, give it a go!

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    That sounds ridiculous. I would have had to be wheeled out. I'll have to see if they have any classes like that near me. Thanks for the heads up.
  • OMGoodness! I love the BOSU ball! It is such a great way to challenge yourself, even though it is hard as heck! It is definitely a great workout. You are awesome especially having the great will and strength to have enrolled in a class. I admire your strength. I do it spiradically. Don't know if I could survive a class. Hats off to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    I love the bosu ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    I own a Bosu, we have a love hate relationship. It is really good inverted and used for push-ups. If you like that sort of thing!:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.