What do I do???

Options
So I just started this but I wanted to ask you guys if I'm eating right I'm trying to be healthy and lose weight but I'm already on a healthy weight I'm 9 stones or 126 pounds or 57 kilograms but I fell very fat to the point where I just hate myself and I get frustrated with the amour of people on this website that bmis are overweight and obese whilst I'm a healthy weight and complaining and I know it might sound stuck up but I'm very annoyed and want to know if I'm on the right track so please check my journal and give me feedback I know it's not the best but it's my first day

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you are an 18 year old male and you have it set at 1200 calories?

EAT SOME FOOD holy wow. 600 calories today????? I hope you aren't done logging.

If you are soft then start doing some exercise and eat some protien and stay at a reasonable deficet not 1200 calories.

My son is 19 and eats about 4000 to lose weight (mind you he has a physical job) but really?

So here you go...you are not on the right track. You need to re-evaluate what your goals are and if you have a healthy relationship with food and your body.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. I hope you are planning on eating more. An 18 year old male should be eating a heck of a lot more than that. As far as feeling fat when you are really not. Maybe talking to someone about that would be of more help. Negative thoughts are very hard to break away from. I really hope you can find the help you need.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    First of all, your daily calorie goal is far too low. Your profile says you're a male. 1200 calories per day is the minimum for the average female. For men, it's more like 1500-1800 depending on height, etc. Since you don't need to really lose any more weight, I would suggest setting your goal to maintenance.

Second, if what you've logged so far is all you plan to eat for the day, that is far too little food. Your goal should be to meet your daily calorie limit, not go under it. Undernourishing your body is not the key to success.

Third, what you may need to focus on more is body composition. If you're not happy with how your body looks at a perfectly healthy weight, the best solution is to focus more on fitness. Are you exercising at all or do you plan on starting soon?

Lastly, you may want to considering counseling for what sounds like possible distorted body image or similar eating disorder.