Best Compliment

Options
tink11464
tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
I have been trying hard not to post before and after pics anywhere until I hit the one year anniversary of the beginning of my weight loss journey (it will be February 2014). Someone saw me yesterday who I hadn't seen in a while and I said what I thought was the funniest AND yet the BEST compliment - they asked if I had weight loss surgery - haha. Nope - just My Fitness Pal!!!

Replies

• Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been trying hard not to post before and after pics anywhere until I hit the one year anniversary of the beginning of my weight loss journey (it will be February 2014). Someone saw me yesterday who I hadn't seen in a while and I said what I thought was the funniest AND yet the BEST compliment - they asked if I had weight loss surgery - haha. Nope - just My Fitness Pal!!!

Weight loss surgery doesn't produce guaranteed results. It's all in the mind, and your dedication. Congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    that is so funny, he would assume that first. Congrats!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Your hard work and dedication to yourself is admirable!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    WTG ;)
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can relate. For me the best compliment I have received was from my daughter. She remarked, "Mom, you look like a normal person now". That for me was great because it meant that I no longer was going to be noticed as the fattest person present.
  • tink11464
    Options
    My husband said to the person "I see her everyday she looks the same to me" - uhhhh honey I lost 70 pounds SMACK - haha
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had one from my uncle - wheres the other half of you?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha, that is really funny. I love the crazed look people give you when you say you lost weight without something magical at play.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i also am waiting until my one year FITVERSARY before posting the before and after pic. it will be on July 22nd 2014, mark your calendars...YOU will want to see this ;) im also going to do the same thing on fb, where i currently talk nothing about my weight loss. i use instagram for that. So i cant wait to have that BOOM moment. but as far as taking "did you have weightloss surgery" as a compliment, I on the other hand would probably go off and say NO B..I worked my *kitten* off. Nothing about this lifestyle change was easy. Sure its now become habbit. And that makes is essentially easier...but not easier that not being able to eat. theres a big difference there. I know people who have had the surgery and they CAN NOT EAT MUCH. its not that these people i know have the willpower it takes to lose the weight, they seriously can not eat. oh well thats my 2 cents on it.
  • tink11464
    Options
    I had one from my uncle - wheres the other half of you?

That's Funnyyyy!!
  • tink11464
    Options
    i also am waiting until my one year FITVERSARY before posting the before and after pic. it will be on July 22nd 2014, mark your calendars...YOU will want to see this ;) im also going to do the same thing on fb, where i currently talk nothing about my weight loss. i use instagram for that. So i cant wait to have that BOOM moment. but as far as taking "did you have weightloss surgery" as a compliment, I on the other hand would probably go off and say NO B..I worked my *kitten* off. Nothing about this lifestyle change was easy. Sure its now become habbit. And that makes is essentially easier...but not easier that not being able to eat. theres a big difference there. I know people who have had the surgery and they CAN NOT EAT MUCH. its not that these people i know have the willpower it takes to lose the weight, they seriously can not eat. oh well thats my 2 cents on it.

I am the same way on Facebook - someone actually messaged me that it's all I talk about, they told me to take a rest from it - I deleted them. I post publicly so that I hold myself even MORE accountable because it is public. I am doing whatever it takes to make it work :) Can't wait to see your pics in July!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!