NEED NEW BREAKFAST

Options
2»

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not much of a "recipe," but it's my done in under 3 minutes, grab and go breakfast.
    2 eggs fried in PAM
    1 TBSP Kikoman Wasabi Dipping sauce
    1 Low Carb, High Fiber Wrap.

Done! High Protein, Lower Carb...keeps me going on days that start out like today! (4 hour ambulance call with a critical patient.)
  • bellaiabello
    Options
    steamed carrots + cottage cheese with one of these:
    salmon
    stevia ketchup
    BBQ sauce
    chicken breast
    cheese
  • shezacwgrl
    Options
    I have a Morning Star Farms Chik'n patty (vegetarian), and a slice of cheese on a plain bagel thin every morning. It is easy, tasty, and gets me some good protein!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is just under 350 kcals.

30g rolled oats cooked in water sweetened with 10g maple syrup
    100g fat free yoghurt sweetened with 10g marmalade
    50 g beans or snow peas dipped in 30 g hummous
    coffee with 50g semi skimmed milk
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Plain Oatmeal pre gym

plain no fat greek yogurt, 6 strawberry's, 1 banana, 1/2 cup almond milk and ice smoothie post gym
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    fruit mixed with greek yogurt + a bit of oatmeal or granola

Similare to this ................greek yogurt (protein)....frozen berries (fiber & flavor) ......a couple TBLs of Fiber One (fiber) ......and slivered almonds (healthy fat) ....keeps be full all morning long
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Full English. Whack in an extra hash brown and sausage for good measure
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    HI!

Weekdays, I have Bob's Red mill oatmeal or 3 grain cereal with 1 TBSP peanut butter, fruit, and 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoanut milk. Coffee with 1 cup of lactose free skim milk (I use the fat free because it foams oh-so-wonderfully for my espresso).

On the weekends I have bigger breakfasts, such as French Toast with fruit and turkey sausage, or maybe some eggs and turkey sausage and toast, my espresso drink.

I love breakfast.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oAtmeal cooked with a banana or apple during the week. On the weekend I do a two egg vegetable omelette with cheese.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites, 1 whole egg omelet with fresh spinach, feta and oregano. DELISH
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Fried egg on toast with a slice of American cheese, is my go to. Or 2 eggs scrambled with salsa, cheese and 1 T. of sour cream.
  • Crsfire
    Options
    I know this might sound bad but I'm on the go a lot so I do a subway 6' flat bread, ham, egg white, lots of veggies, and a small squirt of southwest dressing. It's low cal, very good and filling. And only $3 with a drink at that.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories are in this but it is the best breakfast ever!
    It's at my favorite Cuban restaurant in Hoboken, NJ-La Isla

Mashed potatoes covered by an amazing red sauce
    Covered by bacon
    Covered by 2 fried eggs
    Some green sauce
    And a small salad on the side

It's called La Papa and it's only on the Sunday Brunch menu.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've already got my breakfast made for in the morning.

Cook 1/2 cup rolled oats, add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt. It's wonderful when it's still warm, but also still tasty after being placed in the fridge. Oatmeal is so versatile. This recipe can be easily changed by add different fruit or adding seeds or nuts to it.

Edit: I forgot to add that it's 250 calories and keeps me full until lunch most days.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    My current breakfast is

- zucchini protein bread, toasted
    - mushrooms with lots of garlic cooked in ghee
    - capsicum and tomato "sauce"
    - wilted spinach
    - egg (runny yolk!)
    - loads of fresh coriander
    - homemade mayonaise

Plus coffee with gelatin and coconut oil whizzed through
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I usually eat oAtmeal cooked with a banana or apple during the week. On the weekend I do a two egg vegetable omelette with cheese.
    Oh yes, I've done this too--cubed and cooked the apple in the microwave for about three minutes It's delicious!
  • rachelkiacomini617
    Options
    I know this might sound bad but I'm on the go a lot so I do a subway 6' flat bread, ham, egg white, lots of veggies, and a small squirt of southwest dressing. It's low cal, very good and filling. And only $3 with a drink at that.

Nothing wrong with that! Sounds good!

Maybe I'll give it a try some time, good for you for being on the go and still making healthy decisions! You could be eating much worse because most "on the go" food is crap!
  • ccolgrov
    Options
    I have Granola (Bear Naked Fit - Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola ) mixed with a sliced banana (or greek yogurt). It's between 2-300 calories.