How to beat a chocolate addiction?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use to have to eat m&m's everyday....I have not had any chocolate in 2 yrs......You can beat this....
    Hersheys has a sugar free chocolate you can pour on anything...It's awesome!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    since we learned that eating chocolate might have lead/contributed to my depression, I just stopped buying and eating it completely, say cold turkey. I don't want to be in worse shape than I already am. :frown:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    It depends on your ability to moderate. If you can't not eat it all, it's better to give it up for a while. You will enjoy it more if you go a few days without and then eat a little bit. Just like pizza or chips or any other treat, it should be an occasional thing. Dark chocolate is very healthy in small amounts. I personally like to buy Lindt Sea Salt Dark Chocolate and eat just four squares (190 calories). It's smooth, tastes good, and the hint of salt can hit another area that sugar cravings can mask, a salt craving.
  • albayin
    Options
    I wonder if blueberries have similar antioxidant benefits to dark chocolate...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ]

They do.
  • albayin
    Options
    ]

They do.
    then i am in peace. :drinker: