Who Amazed Their Family At Christmas!

Options
So, who blew their family away at Christmas with their transformations? Let's hear it!

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I will next year!! Believe it!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 140 pounds and not a single family member made a comment about it ...

I was very surprised *sigh*

My mom/sister always make comments and are very very supportive & proud though
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 140 pounds and not a single family member made a comment about it ...

Maybe they were as speechless and I am right now. I had to look twice at the "140" and make sure I was seeing it right. INCREDIBLE. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My mother was the only one that said anything to me. She made several comments about my weight and how good I looked. Thanks mom!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Only one brother made a nice comment and one sister in law hasn't seen me since 70 pounds ago and said nothing!

Sometimes I think they are jealous at the dedication? They could all stand to lose weight but they won't put in the effort. At least that's in my family. Maybe in other peoples families they feel they would hurt your feelings somehow?

But that's ok as I am doing this for me. All my friends sure do encourage me and give me compliments. It's not why I do it, but it sure helps keep me motivated.

Congrats to everyone who has done well this past year and next year we can do even better!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Sometimes I think they are jealous at the dedication?

Very well could be. I deal with some of this from certain people. Well for everyone who didn't say it on christmas........YOU ROCK
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Are you serious? I would be absolutely devastated!!!!! 140lbs? That is HUGE! You lost an entire person and they didn't say anything????? Omg...I want to come and give you a hug!!!!!!
  • salembambi
    Options

Are you serious? I would be absolutely devastated!!!!! 140lbs? That is HUGE! You lost an entire person and they didn't say anything????? Omg...I want to come and give you a hug!!!!!!

yea I was bracing myself for the reaction when I walked in...but nothing..at all..now that I think about it I am feeling more disappointed
  • salembambi
    Options

Maybe they were as speechless and I am right now. I had to look twice at the "140" and make sure I was seeing it right. INCREDIBLE. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION.

maybe lol I am sure it was a shock I dont know though still weird!! Thank you that is very nice of you to say
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't Christmas, it was Thanksgiving. My brother introduced me to his new girlfriend and then told her I had lost a lot of weight. He then asked for the exact number and said he just "has to brag about his big sis and all her hard work". My husband, kids and family are all so supportive and encouraging! It's awesome to have!
  • mitzvahmom
    mitzvahmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know you are disappointed...but... You didn't lose the weight for their reaction. Use this as a learning tool. Stand proud of what you have accomplished. It's amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • Matt24442
    Options
    i amazed them with how much i drank and how little i was drunk..seriously
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I know folks who hate when people comment on their weight loss so the situation is a no win for some.

Either you get upset no one says anything or you get upset because someone does say something.

I think most err on the side of not saying anything especially if they are not immediate family or a super close friend. They probably didn't want to embarrass you.

You have done a great job and like said above an inspiration! Keep up the good work.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    My niece told me how skinny I was :smile:
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The bf's handsy Grandpa mentioned it a many of times lol a compliment is a compliment :)
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I know folks who hate when people comment on their weight loss so the situation is a no win for some.

Either you get upset no one says anything or you get upset because someone does say something.

I think most err on the side of not saying anything especially if they are not immediate family or a super close friend. They probably didn't want to embarrass you.

You have done a great job and like said above an inspiration! Keep up the good work.

This does make sense. Nobody likes someone saying "Hey---you were a fat @$$ but now you aren't". Another reply also made sense--you did this for you and not for their reaction. With that being said--I'm still shocked not one person said anything.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

yea I was bracing myself for the reaction when I walked in...but nothing..at all..now that I think about it I am feeling more disappointed

Say WHAT ?!!???? :noway: :huh: Are they hard of seeing as in BLIND!?? :noway: Have they seen you at all during your progress? You mean GRANDMA didn't come out and say WHO ARE YOU?? Whazzup with your family anyway! :angry:

Well if the proverbial elephant wasn't IN the room, then man ya gotta SPEAK UP!! :huh: REMIND EM!! You certainly have earned your bragging rights!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    Mine wasn't Christmas, it was Thanksgiving. My brother introduced me to his new girlfriend and then told her I had lost a lot of weight. He then asked for the exact number and said he just "has to brag about his big sis and all her hard work". My husband, kids and family are all so supportive and encouraging! It's awesome to have!

Love bro bragging on sis like that!!! :bigsmile:

applause_barney.gif
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    My mother was the only one that said anything to me. She made several comments about my weight and how good I looked. Thanks mom!

Aaaawwww mommie sooooo cool !!! :love: And she's right. :wink:

applause.gif
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    The bf's handsy Grandpa mentioned it a many of times lol a compliment is a compliment :)

Sounds a li'l pervy :laugh:

applause.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!