Slim Fast Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I used them In college. They worked. But yea they aren't really a good option for an protein shake. Try getting some actual protein powder instead or a higher quality meal replacement shake if that's your preference.i use a soy base.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the protein shakes but I have tried the regular shakes. IMO they taste decent but when I replaced breakfast with them for 4 days in a row I started getting migraines. The only thing I've been able to attribute it to is the aspartame. Other sweeteners like sucralose don't bother me at all, so just be careful and listen to your body.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I prefer my own protein shake mix options vs slim fast. Tried one years ago - ICK!
    I like on the go food, so I have a one meal mixer, add my water, protein, and other stuff, mix and take it with me. Better value, better tasting, and not processed as much.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them before I was paying attention to my macros (the sugar in them is around 30 I think??!) Now if I want a prepackaged drink I found GNC Lean Shake - you get them at GNC in cases of 4 or 12 and they have different flavors. I prefer the vanilla bean, but there is chocolate, pumpkin (?!), strawberry and orange creamsicle. The numbers on them are great: 25 grams of protein, 170 calories and only 6 carbs (2 sugar, 4 fiber). It is by far the best tasting and best quality prepackaged shake I've ever found.
  • veg56kg
    veg56kg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Its a waste of money and not healthy. Eat real food, and when you reach your goal weight are you really going to want to keep drinking those shakes to maintain? its unnecessary.