Staying under sugar goal

think48
think48 Posts: 366 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I added the sugar column to my food diary because I tend to have a problem with sugar. But I am shocked at how little sugar I am allowed to have. The diary doesn't account for fruit sugars vs processed sugars - does that make a difference? I just ate an apple for lunch and it was more than half my allotted sugar.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Alot people like myself stopped watching the sugar intake on MFP, because we go over everyday because of the sugar in fruits. The body understand how to break those down, its the processed sugar you need to be concerned more about, and MFP doesnt seperate processed vs unprocessed sugar
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    I stopped counting sugar for this reason, I just try to avoid as much added sugar as possible.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    I agree, it is impossible to stay with in if you are eating the fruits and vegetables you should be. I try to keep my fruits to mostly lower sugar varieties (ie: grapes are high sugar) but still eat everything occasionally. I also eat less carrots, corn and peas than I used to, but have added in more variety to balance it. The things to avoid/minimize are the added sugars, like those in baking, drinks, cereals, sauces etc.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not the only one going crazy over it. I'll keep those things in mind. But, seeing the high sugar number over there due to fruits and such may help discourage me from eating yummy banana bread and things like that. :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    I actually am trying to reduce most sugars from my diet including fruit. There are some differences between eating an apple (fructose) and having apple pie (sucrose) but they are both simple sugars and my body doesn't react well to them. I typically try to not have more than one fruit a day (make up my 5-10 with vegetables) and have 1 milk product daily (usually yogurt).

I still tend to go over the sugar intake limits, but there have been a few times, I've actually been under - and - I see my weight go down faster those weeks.
This discussion has been closed.