Want to start jogging and buy fitness monitor

Options
Hello,

I am looking for some advice/opinions. I have a treadmill at home and have never used it for more than walking really. I would really like to start jogging and have seen lots of talk about monitors and heart rate ranges etc but don't really know where to start and what good or bad range would be. Wondering if anybody has any advice regarding starting an exercise routine? and which monitor I should buy (I have an iPhone if thats of any use)? Even what to aim for when I do get the monitor? Perhaps there are some websites that can help with this info? I am a novice so I know this will probably seem a silly question to many of you but I have to start somewhere and thought this would be a great place to ask for help :) Thanks in advance, Emma

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    For jogging- do the Couch 2 5k. If you google it, you will find apps, written programme and a podcast.

Monitor depends on if you want it for all day activity or just for cardio exercise. Many people have a Fitbit for all day and a polar FT4 or FT7 for exercise.. Do a search on here for more info.