How much Water do you drink?

Options
I am trying to drink 2 liters a day ... I read it helps with water retention... that seems to be my downfall, I fluctuate like crazy.

Replies

• Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty. Despite others on here who like to pat themselves on the back for drinking insane amounts of water, I only drink when I'm thirsty. At some point, it's diminishing returns. When you're pissing clear, what's the point of drinking another gallon? When you've been sedentary and not sweating, why drink so much? If anything, it just makes you pee a lot and might even throw your electrolytes off balance. Drink when you're thirsty
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If its hot, ill drink up to 4 litres, but normally I drink 2 glasses of water in the morning (because my weight is at the lowest, obvivously telling me in dehydrated), 1 glass before dinner, and 2 glasses immediately after dinner
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I drink whatever I can. I always drink two glasses of water when I exercise, but other than that it depends on how thirsty I am.
  • hrufener06
    Options
    Typically I drink half of my body weight in ounces.
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I try to drink the suggested 8 glasses but I find it really hard. I must say though when I drink what I think would be a ridiculous amount of water and I'm really full from water... my skin looks epic the next day lol ... haven't really noticed it helping my weight loss though
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I drink between 8 and 10 8oz glasses a day. I don't drink coffee or juices so when I am thirsty I drink water.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I used to have a picture of "Big Bertha" she's 100oz of pure cup delight. I usually drink about 1/2 to a full of her.

oh and fun discovery today put cinnamon sticks in your water...yum!
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Around 110 oz a day.
  • AronKishore
    Options
    It's recommended that you drink half your weight in oz's
    so if you're 300 lbs, you're supposed to drink 150 oz of water as minimum, equaling to 18 glasses of water
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 to 6 liters a day
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A lot. Much more than 8 glasses a day so I don't bother tracking it.

"I don't like water" is one of the strangest notions I've ever encountered. To me, it sounds every bit as strange as "I don't like breathing." Obviously breathing is not optional, but it's similar in that, like drinking water, it's something I do without thinking about it. The thought of liking it or not had never occurred to me (until I met someone who didn't, well into my adult life).

Basically, the concept of "liking" is inapplicable to water in my mind. Water just... is. I need it every day. I hope this makes sense. :-)
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A lot. Much more than 8 glasses a day so I don't bother tracking it.

"I don't like water" is one of the strangest notions I've ever encountered. To me, it sounds every bit as strange as "I don't like breathing." Obviously breathing is not optional, but it's similar in that, like drinking water, it's something I do without thinking about it. The thought of liking it or not had never occurred to me (until I met someone who didn't, well into my adult life).

Basically, the concept of "liking" is inapplicable to water in my mind. Water just... is. I need it every day. I hope this makes sense. :-)

I, too, have recently heard someone say they don't like water. And I don't get that, either. It's a necessity! I also drink when I'm thirsty. I don't force it on myself.
  • 0shifty0
    Options
    Well, we are supposedly supposed to have 8 cups minimum/day. But it's more like 8 (16oz) glasses at the very least for me. Then again, I am living in a hot humid environment.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    thanks! Do you guys fluctuate too, I fluctuate up to 10 lbs...
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I normally drink 1 - 1.5 litres a day. Although, it is flavored sparkling water because I don't really like tap water.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    around 16.9 oz a day lol thats a bottle of water other then that its sweet tea, milk, coffee.....there is some days i get about 48 oz of just plain water but its rare

i dont weigh myself a lot but i have seen my weight change up to 5lbs
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of a gallon a day. I just have a jug chillin' by my bed and I sip on it throughout the day when I'm in my room. I tend to drink half a gallon with breakfast alone then the remaining half spaced out through the day. It keeps me feeling full but it also helps with water retention when I eat a lot of salt
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm good with up to about 7 glasses a day. More than that and I'm peeing every 45 minutes :grumble:
    I usually have up to a 20 oz soda a day as well.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    In the winter 4 to 6 glasses
    in the summer 8 plus