Hello, I'm a newbie.

Options
Well I'm new to the site not to exercise. I have been working on losing weight for a while now. I was so close to my goal weight then my husband came home from deployment and I gave up for a while. I then put on almost all the weight that I lost back on. I have lost another almost 50 lbs. I still have 32lbs to go. I have been working on doing different things to try and "trick" my body but I have been stagnant for a while now. I'm hoping to find help and support here to get the last little bit off.

Replies

• Laurie9797
    Laurie9797 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too... just joined! I am trying to lose the last few as well... Good luck to you!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Wow what a fabulous weight loss- almost 50lbs! You must be really proud of yourself. You're more than halfway there- stick with MFP and you'll make it. There are so many friendly folk here, and just reading the message boards can be a great support.
  • Helent26
    Helent26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi im pretty new too, and i've gained so much confidence & motivation to help me to stick to healthy eating & calorie counting by joining this site and all the people who have added me as a friend. They really are motivaiting me and helping to encourage me to stay on track. Hope you find your motivation & confidence to keep up the good work. Good luck ;-) Helen x
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your progress so far. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra