What was your Christmas NSV?

Options
2»

Replies

• debbynoelle
    Options
    I am proud that I was not embarrassed to participate in family events. My older siblings are all very fit and attractive, but this year I did not feel inferior, I just had fun!
  • debbynoelle
    Options
    Mine was getting a long sleeve XL mens t-shirt from work with the logo on it (they only had one size on offer) and it being LEGITIMATELY too large for me in every way. I gifted it to my father.

Even though I'm female, every job I've ever had if they gave us logo shirts I opted out or embarrassed, requested a 2XL or 3XL which was always a terrible fit (big in the arms/shoulders, tight on my breasts and hips). This XL was just enormous all over and that felt awesome!!

AMAZING!!! I know how freaking amazing that feeling is, being too small for something instead of too big. I haven't felt it in a while though, you have inspired me :happy:
  • debbynoelle
    Options
    Wait, I forgot, another achievement was wearing what I wanted and finally fitting into size 14 pants. I cannot even remember when I last fit into anything smaller than a 16!
  • GolfBird1
    Options
    Receiving a rather lovely Crew Clothing sweat/top in UK size 12 as a Christmas pressie and it fitting without being at all tight!! Had been wearing UK size 14 or even 16.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed for Christmas dinner, instinctively grabbing my dress slacks (that I've not been able to wear for a long time due to them being extremely uncomfortably tight), and then realizing after I had them on what I was wearing and that they fit very nicely!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Enjoying myself to the fullest on Christmas Eve and Day - food, drink, cookies, cheese, wine!!! And then on December 26th going right back to healthy eating and working out. That's my NSV - not allowing one event to completely derail me!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't think a single family member failed to comment on my weight-loss.
  • Troutman1968
    Troutman1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Donating all my XXL shirts, and one too-large belt, to Goodwill!
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started running and I'm home for Christmas.

I wanted to run the other day but had forgotten to pack shorts so I asked my brother if he could lend me any. He said he'd have a look and found a pair from his old school PE kit, I tried them on but didn't look at the size until I took them off.

I fitted into boy's 12-13 years shorts!

Saw old friends too, they said I looked amazing.