185lbs -150lbs In 3 months 5'5

Options
I had always been a thin child. Around my second year in high school I started to gain weight each year until I was 50 lbs over weight. It was horrible. I kept going up pant sizes and it didn't seem to phase me. A size 4 to a size 12 in 3 years. Around the time I found I wasn't making it into college because i couldn't get a loan I started to become depressed. My parents were losing our house and cars. I was going to be homeless and I just couldn't figure out my next step. I Ended up Running everyday twice a day.. and rollerblading off and on. ( total 90's trash, i know. )

Maybe close to 5 miles a day. And before I knew it I lost a good amount of weight. unfortunately at this time I kind of .. gained most of it back. I moved 300 miles away and started a new life with my high school sweet heart. I started drinking water which isn't something I did. I didn't like how it had a lack of taste. It would make me gag. I ended up drinking it though to help me be hydrated and I cut out soda. I didn't really change my diet all that much. I wasn't over eating. I ate maybe once a day because i was super busy trying to fix my broken life.

w2ehxe.jpg

2nq9n4h.jpg

280v1c6.jpg

24cbjvn.jpg

I know it isn't a total success. But.. I wanted to share this journey with people to show them that consistency is key to becoming healthy. At one point I was kicking *kitten* and feeling alive. I had a very difficult task to overcome with my homelessness and not having anything to my name. Exercise kept me sane through it all and it helped me feel empowered. I hope I am able to inspire others and myself.

Btw I am 5'5 and 22 years old. I started working out in may of 2011 and I stopped around august when I moved. Im trying to start again. Wish me luck please!

Replies

• AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    I apologize. It looks like my photos were too big. Here are the rest of the cut off photos

73p4lc.jpg

2iqn79z.jpg

jiji2b.jpg
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love your progress. You look amazing.

Also, I love you on that bike! RAWR!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    hahah XD

Thank you! I love that bike. <3

I really hope I can keep at it. All my life I was an artist and I thought Art was what I wanted to do. Now I feel like fitness is something i could see myself doing for a living. I wish I truely could. Hopefully I can work through my weird health issues. The downfall to working outside is ticks... I got bit by one and it messed me up a bit. :[
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    21lodw3.jpg

Since you like the bike haha :)

But my favorite picture Of my progress I have is a weird one. I was trying to hide in the toys at Toysrus..because im really weird.

But I just love how shaped my leg is in this picture. it just shows all the toning that had occurred.

250kx9f.jpg

I apologize for the weirdness.
  • 0shifty0
    Options
    In three months? Wow!!! Your gorgeous!! Way to take control of your health and fitness despite life's huge obstacles. Kudos!!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow.thats what I want!!
    I love the pics!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    way to go you look great.
  • ohyaynj
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!! Well done!

Your story is really inspiring to me, so thank you for posting. I'm in a very similar situation- Starting at 182, having gained weight throughout school & college. Your success is brilliant, I hope I'll be in the same position soon!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    YES. you can do it!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. When I wasn't sick all the time I felt like running really helped me to be empowered.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    In three months? Wow!!! Your gorgeous!! Way to take control of your health and fitness despite life's huge obstacles. Kudos!!

I was really at peace with myself when I was working out. My life had become so bad that pushing myself to run 5 miles a day made working out seem easier . It helped me to take control of my life.
    thank you :)
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!! Well done!

Your story is really inspiring to me, so thank you for posting. I'm in a very similar situation- Starting at 182, having gained weight throughout school & college. Your success is brilliant, I hope I'll be in the same position soon!!

you will do great :)

trust me, starting off slow is a great idea. my biggest rule with working out and changing my life style was " know thyself" Just because you want to be comfortable and gradual. Crash diets and binge working out is the worst.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Wow.thats what I want!!
    I love the pics!!

Thank you! You can do it! Just be consistent. Even if you walk for 3 miles a day. as long as you are moving you will be fine. Dance dance revolution is a fun way to lose the weight or something like wii fit. I prefer DDR just because the games are cheap and the console is cheap..and the pads themselves are like..2 for 30$ on ebay.

I rollarbladed as welll. anything is better than nothing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!