How to increase muscle mass?

Options
I practiced with the pecs and lie down flat push-push, the reduction was great, the action is in place, and now pecs can see out but the middle seems to be not much muscle, bones can be seen, it is a little difficult to see, watch online said to be less muscle, the next question that how to practice ah? Thank you!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink a gallon of milk a day
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

????? Why ?????
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

????? Why ?????

to increase mass
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Is a gallon of milk the best thing to consume though (I'm new to resistance training so I honestly don't know) . I can see you would need to consume a lot of protein but milk contains a lot of fat as well. Most people I know who lift tend to snuffle protein powder in large amounts.

Checked your profile by the way, sounds like I have very similar goals to yourself. I'm wanting to get into Tri's but wouldn't mind bulking a bit as well :-) Respect to your achievements to date :-) I'm guessing all the milk is good if you are doing a lot of endurance work
  • feast4theebeast
    Options
    Run a programme with heavy lifting in it. 5x5 Stronglifts or 5/3/1 are decent. Make sure you are always in a calorie surplus. Accept you will gain some fat. If you don't gain weight increase your calories :) Don't forget to enjoy yourself :)
  • Matt24442
    Options
    And eat beef jerky
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk a Day) is something I do not advocate. To increase lean mass you need to:

1: Eat at a surplus (200-500), the lower the surplus the less fat gains you will accumulate throughout the bulking process

2: Lift heavy. Increase progressive overload either through small increments of weight (adding 2.5-5 lbs to an exercise every week and focusing on a specific rep range) or increasing total reps of a given exercise. Generally 4-6 reps for strength, 8-12 for hypertrophy (muscle growth) Alot of people run a 5x5 program like Strong Lifts, Starting Strength or Madcow.

3: Get plenty of rest

Diet will determine everything on a bulk. Focus on 1-1.5g protein per lb of body weight, .3-.5g fat x bodyweight and dedicate the remaining towards carbs.

I could write a book but instead these are the basics

Take a look at my diary for an example of how you should be eating on a bulk
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I practiced with the pecs and lie down flat push-push, the reduction was great, the action is in place, and now pecs can see out but the middle seems to be not much muscle, bones can be seen, it is a little difficult to see, watch online said to be less muscle, the next question that how to practice ah? Thank you!

is this a poem?
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    lol..think i got trolled