Protein only crash cut

Options
After a week of heavy binging ( 5000 cals n more daily) what do u guys think about a short term ( 2 weeks ) protein only crash cut i will be getting around 1100 cals ( 180 g p) ( not PSMF ) coz i will be getting some diary in , i will keep my workout routine which is a 4 day lifting split and 20 min cardio on lifting days ..rest 3 days ..i did a cut like this before but i was overweight back then and i didn't lose muscle and i kept my strength but now that im leaner am i going to lose muscle ?

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    More likely you'll lose lean mass for sure. At 19 that's going to be a pretty massive deficit and the energy has to come from somewhere.

Also, how do you get protein without fat or carbs?
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes and don't do that...
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why would you think this is ever a good idea?
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    More likely you'll lose lean mass for sure. At 19 that's going to be a pretty massive deficit and the energy has to come from somewhere.

Also, how do you get protein without fat or carbs?

carbs will be like 20 g and fat 10 .nothing to mention
  • HungryasFuark
    Options

coz that's the only diet that gets me back on track and shuts down my appetite and it helps in flushing the extra water i'm holding on too
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

coz that's the only diet that gets me back on track and shuts down my appetite and it helps in flushing the extra water i'm holding on too

I feel like you don't have a good relationship with food.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've binged and now I'm going to greatly restrict me intake = eating disorder.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Yup
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think it's easy to get a little panicky if you've gone off the rails. However, going from binging to starving is not the answer. You'll just set yourself up for another binging cycle.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

^This
    ^this
    I think it's easy to get a little panicky if you've gone off the rails. However, going from binging to starving is not the answer. You'll just set yourself up for another binging cycle.
    ^and this. Don't panic. Go back to normal, with a small deficit, and carry on. Compensatory behaviour for binge eating is a key feature of certain eating disorders.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

When did water become the enemy?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

This.
  • HungryasFuark
    Options

Yup

I don't have any history with eating disorders and i don't think i'm developing one lol , its just that i'm bloated and..i was just asking about large deficits when already lean .
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Yup

I don't have any history with eating disorders and i don't think i'm developing one lol , its just that i'm bloated and..i was just asking about large deficits when already lean .

Just go back to NORMAL eating.
    Not some crash diet.
    Because that isn't a healthy relationship with food or helping yourself in the long run
  • HungryasFuark
    Options
    Alright guys sounds like a bad plan after all lol ..im just gonna up my cardio and eat healthy
  • HungryasFuark
    Options

Yup

Not some crash diet.
    Because that isn't a healthy relationship with food or helping yourself in the long run

i guess u are right i don't wana end up with a eating disorder thankss
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing a max 10-day PSMF after the New Year to lose some pounds gained over the holiday. You don't do a heavy workout on it.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Yup

Not some crash diet.

i guess u are right i don't wana end up with a eating disorder thankss

If you think you have a predisposition to an ED, obviously, don't do it. But a two-week diet does not in and of itself cause one. For some people, streamlining their eating for a limited period is helpful.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Dude, you are 19...when I was 19, 5000 calories wasn't a binge...it was a Tuesday. There is no reason to do what you are suggesting....no reason whatsoever.