lost weight but ???

Options
SO i lost weight and i truly did notice around my belly that i lost weight but then i started my period so my stomach is bloated, when i get off my period am i going to have to lost the weight again or will my stomach go back??

Replies

• here2inspire
    Options
    basically is losing weight pointless bc once you get ur period does it go back or do u have to lose it again
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You retain water during that TOM. It will come back off. Don't worry. I gain about 2 or 3 lbs during that time and then by the end I loose 3 to 5 lbs.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You retain water during that TOM. It will come back off. Don't worry. I gain about 2 or 3 lbs during that time and then by the end I loose 3 to 5 lbs.

same with me, just happen to have it during the holiday, so that didn't help!! It'll come off
  • Shines01
    Shines01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It should go back. Bloating is normal, it's just water retention and gas. During your TOM remember to drink a LOT of extra water and watch your carbs, sugar, and sodium intake and that might help
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options

this.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every time I get my period I gain 80 pounds back. :indifferent:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

are you sure you are over 18 years old?
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    basically is losing weight pointless bc once you get ur period does it go back or do u have to lose it again

If you follow your plan and don't overeat when you have your period, your weight will go back down much quicker than it normally does. So yes, you have to lose it again but it happens much, much quicker because the weight is mainly caused by water retention (of course, unless you overeat during this time).
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What everyone said is true. I ate over my calories at Christmas, got on the scale and it said I gained 6 pounds. My TOM came the next day. I went and worked out and got back on the scale today and was down 3 pounds. Don't give up now! Really - even if you weren't doing a lifestyle change (which I pray that's what you're aiming for) wouldn't you still have water retention every month? :huh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

this.
    See your :huh: and raise you a :noway:. Do women really have no experience with menstruation before losing weight and posting on MFP?
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

this.
    See your :huh: and raise you a :noway:. Do women really have no experience with menstruation before losing weight and posting on MFP?

Doubt anyone really cared if they weren't losing weight, wouldn't even think twice about it..
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    this never happens to me...I mean losing more afterwards...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

are you sure you are over 18 years old?

This.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

if you are in a deficit throughout surely you will weight less when you lose the water because you will have lost fat as well :-)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    PS my weight goes up and down as well due to water retention - it can go up or down by 4 or 5 lb from day to day sometimes :-)
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

I continue on my same eating and workout routine so I lose the water and then 1 to 2 lbs from working out and eating at a deficit.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    That's why I got fat. I kept gaining 4-5 pounds every time I got my period. It adds up, you know?