It Starts with me, It starts today!

Options
I am starting the My Fitness Pal app today. I lost down to about 180 pounds a year and a half ago. But i have gained it all back and am back up to my maximum density of 208 pounds. I have been working out some but my diet has been pathetic. Its 90% diet and that where I need help. I plan to track all my calories closely so I can see exactly what I am eating. I want to lose 25 pounds over the next few months and then stay there!

Replies

• kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Kelsey, Ive been on MFP for quite some time off and on but never got to the community/message boards since it had always been on mobile. Im 22 I work as a Corrections Officer in a maximum security prison. I am very lazy and am ready to change that. One of my big problems is wanting to see results now and then getting depressed a month in when there has been no weight change after lots of working out/watching calories/good nutrition. Last time I checked (probably 2 months ago) I weighed 210 pounds. I plan on buying a scale this weekend. I am not only wanting to get healthier for me but for my 4 year old daughter and my husband as well.
  • ms171998
    Options
    I understand completely. I do know that tracking calories at least lets you know what you are putting into your body. The results will come but it does take time and patience. I am tired of being fat. I need to make this a lifestyle change for life. I want to feel good and healthy and strong. We just cant give up if the results are slow or we slip off the wagon. Consistency and persistence will eventually get us there!
  • RspbryJazz
    RspbryJazz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carol. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in October. I started using the app on my phone the next day but didn't realize the blog and journaling was available until today! It is baby steps that makes the difference. I know I didn't gain all my weight in one day or one week and it is going to take me a while to see results, but making the small changes really can add up to big results. Especially when you can encourage one another! My kids got me a fitbit force for Christmas so I can track everything. Good luck to you on your journey!:smile:
  • ms171998
    Options
    Current weight 208.8
    Height 5'9"
    Goal weight 180 pounds
    First milestone goal: 198 by end of January (5 weeks)
    Second milestone goal 188 by end of February
    Third milestone goal 180 by April 18th my birthday
    50 years old.
    Married with 2 kids.
    Live in Franklin, Tennessee