Motivation help!

Options
Monroe121
Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
Good Morning hons. Confession time. :noway:
I lost 25 pounds over 4 months and was very excited with it. Guess what? I gained every of it back :yawn: . I HAD moved back in with my ex-girlfriend which was VERY stressful. I stopped working out and turned to food for comfort. Ugh. Now I have a new relationship (which I am VERY happy) and still maintaining those 25 GAINED lbs :noway: . I don't feel so attractive:cry: and I hate the mirror. You all are my family and I wanted to tell you all what happened. Now I am starting over. Funny what stress, lack of exercise and unconscious eating will do for you. I moved to another state so I am away from my workout regimes. So any workout help would be appreciated! My goal is to lose about 1-2 lbs a week. Thank you for not judging me. :-)

Replies

• cmwigman
    Options
    Good luck with your weight lose. I understand stress and what it can do for you. I tend to not eat the right foods, and snack often. I work full time, have 3 kids, house, kids activities all causing me to just snack and not eat right and I tend to be too tired to work out. I have to find time at home. So this week I decided that I am not comfortable and hate how i look in picture and in the mirror. I made myself wake up early and was able to do about 20 minutes of cardio. praying by this summer I reach my goal weight and loose 20 pounds. I want to set a good example for my kids. Best of luck and know that working hard to reach your goal weight should be about you, feeling great both pysically and mentally.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    congrats on the new relationship, now on to a new relationship with food!

I'm also a mom with a full time job, two little kids (4 and 6) and a business. I decided that fitness WAS important. I get up before everyone else and work out at home. I Love my home DVD programs. I never use to, its totally different now.

We're here to help!
    Nancy
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Stress is a killer. So first step, forgive yourself for the backslide and start going forward and not letting history repeat anymore. You CAN do this.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Stress is a super killer! Congrats on being happy. I'd like to join the happy club one day. Feel free to add me for support :smile: No judging here
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Good luck with your weight lose. I understand stress and what it can do for you. I tend to not eat the right foods, and snack often. I work full time, have 3 kids, house, kids activities all causing me to just snack and not eat right and I tend to be too tired to work out. I have to find time at home. So this week I decided that I am not comfortable and hate how i look in picture and in the mirror. I made myself wake up early and was able to do about 20 minutes of cardio. praying by this summer I reach my goal weight and loose 20 pounds. I want to set a good example for my kids. Best of luck and know that working hard to reach your goal weight should be about you, feeling great both pysically and mentally.

Thank you very much! We both shall work hard and reach our goals! Mwuah!
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    congrats on the new relationship, now on to a new relationship with food!

I'm also a mom with a full time job, two little kids (4 and 6) and a business. I decided that fitness WAS important. I get up before everyone else and work out at home. I Love my home DVD programs. I never use to, its totally different now.

We're here to help!
    Nancy

Thank you Nancy! I have to recreate my life how it was before. I ate, slept and shat fitness. Back to it! Than you hon.
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Stress is a killer. So first step, forgive yourself for the backslide and start going forward and not letting history repeat anymore. You CAN do this.

This is sweet. You're right! Forgive and MOVE on to a slimmer me! Thank you hon.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me as well! The more motivation the better... Let's do this! lol
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Stress is a super killer! Congrats on being happy. I'd like to join the happy club one day. Feel free to add me for support :smile: No judging here

Thank you! I appreciate the help! Mwuah!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Good Morning hons. Confession time. :noway:
    I lost 25 pounds over 4 months and was very excited with it. Guess what? I gained every of it back :yawn: . I HAD moved back in with my ex-girlfriend which was VERY stressful. I stopped working out and turned to food for comfort. Ugh. Now I have a new relationship (which I am VERY happy) and still maintaining those 25 GAINED lbs :noway: . I don't feel so attractive:cry: and I hate the mirror. You all are my family and I wanted to tell you all what happened. Now I am starting over. Funny what stress, lack of exercise and unconscious eating will do for you. I moved to another state so I am away from my workout regimes. So any workout help would be appreciated! My goal is to lose about 1-2 lbs a week. Thank you for not judging me. :-)

Step one: forgive yourself. Step two: learn to like the person in the mirror based on who she is, and not what she looks like. Stress is so hard on the body, and it sounds like you've solved that problem. Congrats on the new relationship, that's awesome! Now it's time to rock on and do what you did before, lose the weight. You did it before, you can totally do it again!