I NEED FOOD IDEAS THAT ARE HIGH IN CALORIE BUT...

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
NUTRITIOUS!! Any recommendation. It's been recommended I eat my exercise calories and I'm already having difficulty eating my calorie quota. So I need food that I can eat high in calorie without having to eat more food!!

Suggestions please!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Easy!!!
    Avocados, almonds (or other nuts), natural peanut or almond butter, beans, whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa or farro
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    avocados nuts chickpeas....peanut butter....... good stuff.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    NUTRITIOUS!! Any recommendation. It's been recommended I eat my exercise calories and I'm already having difficulty eating my calorie quota. So I need food that I can eat high in calorie without having to eat more food!!

Suggestions please!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

My breakfast smoothie is nutritious and contains 718 calories (68g/52g/30g of protein/carbs/fat). Here's the recipe:

1 cup 1% milk
    2 scoops vanilla protein (I use Optimum Nutrition)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 banana
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I use Smucker's Creamy all natural)
    2 tbsp milled flaxseed (I use Hodgson Mill)
    1 cup ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. It's delicious, nutritious and makes a great post-workout recovery drink. I never get tired of it.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil!

Yes! I forgot olive oil!! :tongue:

Make your own salad dressings using Extra Virgin Olive Oil or add some oil before or after cooking your favorite veggies to add great flavor! And the oil is SO good for you!

I like to stir in almond butter and banana into my oatmeal and yogurt to pack it with nutrients and calories.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Quinoa - the super grain! It doesn't have much of a flavor itself, but has tons of protein, and will take the flavor of what you cook it in. Think of it as a rice like couscous - yummy and so many ways to make it!
  • reneeot
    Options
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil!

I NEVER USE DRESSING, NOW I WILL!! MAKE MY OWN FOR SALAD WITH EVVO!!
  • reneeot
    Options
    [/quote]

My breakfast smoothie is nutritious and contains 718 calories (68g/52g/30g of protein/carbs/fat). Here's the recipe:
    1 cup ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. It's delicious, nutritious and makes a great post-workout recovery drink. I never get tired of it.
    [/quote]

DUH, I DRINK A SHAKE EVERY MORNING I COULD BE ADDING STUFF TO IT!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!