A whole month without getting sick!

Options
Yay! We made it a whole month without getting sick at my house. It was inevitable though, my son caught a cold and now I have it. I'm skipping the gym until I feel better but I don't really have an appetite either so that's good, I guess. Those of you have children will appreciate this. When they first start (or change schools) they are exposed to whole new strains of viruses and bacteria to which they have no immunity... and neither do the parents. Next year, he'll go to another school and we get to do this all over again!

(I realize that sarcasm doesn't translate very well in a written medium)

Replies

• lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yay! We made it a whole month without getting sick at my house. It was inevitable though, my son caught a cold and now I have it. I'm skipping the gym until I feel better but I don't really have an appetite either so that's good, I guess. Those of you have children will appreciate this. When they first start (or change schools) they are exposed to whole new strains of viruses and bacteria to which they have no immunity... and neither do the parents. Next year, he'll go to another school and we get to do this all over again!

(I realize that sarcasm doesn't translate very well in a written medium)
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    YEAH:bigsmile:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I know what you mean. My son had never been so sick til he started school. Now it's colds and flu's and chest infections , and strep throat and tonsilitis and and and UGH. Hope your home is happy and healthy again soon. :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    For the last two months we've had a nasty cold circulating back and forth from my kids to my husband, knock on wood I have not had it yet, YAY!! Although yesterday I did feel a bit queasy, so hopefully that won't amount to anything!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine also started at a school about two months ago... I feel like he has been sick off and on since, but I have managed to stay healthy.

Probiotics (promotes good bacteria which fights the bad bacteria) and Echinacea (boosts your immune system) are my secrets. You should check them out. I recommend GNC - these products aren't as good when they are bought from a general grocery-type store.

Good luck!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    In fact, I "might" get sick like once a year! My husband is always like "how do you do it?" - I tell him but he never takes the two products. His loss... I HATE feeling bad. :smile:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Just a quickie note , if you have any type of auto immune disease it is strongly reccomended that you avoid echinacea. Echinacea sends your body's white cells into overdrive to keep you from getting sick and keep your body healthy. IF you have an auto immune disease such as alopecia areota the echinacea causes your white blood cells to attack your body , not the bad germs or bacteria.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I live on zinc, vitamin C, airborne and zicam. I still get sick but the difference is being ambulatory and not.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Well, I am not a doctor that is why I said to "check them out". They work great for me and many others I know. Next time I will put a disclaimer at the end of my message - haha! j/k :bigsmile:

Airborne has echinacea in it. Anyway, I hope you feel better - for good at least until the next yucky cold/flu season!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Ugh , my 6 yr old son is sick AGAIN! He has been sick so much this year poor guy. It's his throat again and last time we ended up in the ER