home work out dvds

Options
Hi everyone,
I have some new found motivation which had been seriously lacking last half of 2013, but now I just want to get back into enjoying exercise. Time is always an issue with work being so hectic..as it is I am sure for lots of you too. So if any of you have some great home workout DVDs that they could suggest I would greatly appreciate it (and hopefully other people will too)..I have the ministry of sound pump it up workout DVD which is fantastic (would def recommend if you don't already have it) but I am in need of diversity to keep me from getting bored. I also have 30day shred but after high intensity workout suggestions.
Thanks to anyone that replies...much appreciated :)

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max/Power Sculpt

Jari Love's ripped series

any Jillian Micheals dvd ..loooooooooooove 6 week 6 pack and no more trouble zones
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks really appreciate your reply..will check them out now :)
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like fitnessblender.com. Tons of free workouts there.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    RushFit

All of the videos are approximately 54 minutes long, including warm-up and cool-down/stretch. Of course, once you get used to it, you could probably cut down some on the warm-up, if you wanted.
  • briski_2005
    Options
    depending on how intense you want your workout..i've done both t25 and insanity. t25 is good for a 25 minute workout but nothing beats shaun t yelling at you in insanity. the way you get pumped up in that workout really surprised me- considering its a dvd workout. :)
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Turbo fire Dvds
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of workout DVDs...........what I can't recommend enough

collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com

These websites give you a TON of information. Fitness level, equipment needed, impact level, choreogrpahy level, and video clips!

Anyway ....I need to click with an instructor to do a DVD often. When I dislike the instructor....the DVD sits on the shelf

Ellen Barrett DVDs are fantastic: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/ellen-barrett-exercise-videos-148

She has such an uplifting personality...these are a blend of pilates, ballet, sometimes yoga. They don't feel tough.....until the next day.

Kelly Coffey Meyer is excellent too: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/kelly-coffey-meyer-exercise-videos-107

Lots of variety from Kelly's DVDs.....kickboxing, bootcamp, weights, step, etc.
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    Depends on what time limit you have.
    If you have 30 minute spots open then definitely Focus: T25 with Shaun T or if you want something more weight related then P90X3 is good too.

If you have an hour then Insanity or Rockin' Body both by Shaun T.

If you like to dance Zumba is always an option as well. I've done 30-day shred which is great I just don't find it brings enough intensity. I personally have only about 30 minute time blocks so am doing Focus:T25 right now and it is awesome - different workout everyday and really challenges you.
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend Chalean Extreme enough...I have done p90x double but feel ChaLean is way more effective, efficient and easier to stick to. not to mention it's only 35 min long each workout. :)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I love insanity ... Such a great work out program. Jillian Michaels has some good DVDs too - ripped in 30, 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism.

I recently got p90x3 but can give any reviews on it yet.
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Only one that I really saw results with is Insanity
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Only one that I really saw results with is Insanity

looks like finally I need to give it another shot in 2014...I can't stand Shaun T yelling at me...LOL
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness Exhilarate DVD box set (2011), Zumba Fitness 2 and World Party -Wii or Xbox or PS90. Just Dance 1-4 and 2014, Tae Bo DVD's, Ten Minute Perfect Solutions (have everything under the sun, cardio, kickbxing, pilates, yoga, lower and upper muscle/strentgh training. If you have Comcast, go under the fitness and sports section, all the fitness videos are free and they have beginner, intermediate and advanced (again everything under the sun). Hope that helps. I only workout at home aince I am a stay at home mom of two and I have lost over 40 lbs since Feb of last year. :smile: youtube.com have TONS of videos for free if you stream.

GL!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    If finances are an issue, then go for Fitness Blender and/or Be Fit, both on YouTube. If you have some cash to spare, I love love love Turbo Fire, but I am IN LOVE with Shaun T and Focus T25. Just completed the second week of the Gamma phase, totally worth the money.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I've got the Clubland workout from a few years ago, it's called the workout of your life and i find it quite fun as well as getting a sweat on. Also i love Jillian Michaels Killer buns and thighs, i really do feel like i've had a workout when i do that.
    Natalie Cassidy's is quite a good one as well for cardio xx
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the Michelle Dozois' Peak 10 DVD series. Great cardio/strength workouts that are challenging but fun.
  • Malachai76
    Options
    Hi I've done Insanity which is 40-80mins a day 6 days a week great workout i've also done focus t25 which is 28 mins a day including the cool down 5 days a week and friday is a double day, both of these i can't recommend enough Shaun T is an amazing motivator, currently doing body beast which is a weight lifting program, and next i'm doing Les Mills Combat i've done a few workouts and it's totally different to Shaun's workouts more fighting based so lots of punching and kicking moves i enjoyed the few i done and looking forward to starting it properly once i've finished body beast.
    I've never tried the free workouts mentioned on here all the workouts I've done are released by a company called beach body a few other of their workouts have been mentioned as well charlene extreme and turbo fire but i've never done them. Check out the website and you tube and see what workouts appeal to you
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    no time? let me help you out and customized a workout and meal plan for you. a lot of the dvd programs which I have tried takes way to long. time is very important for me. I can workout less time and achieve same or better results in half the time.
    less is more, add me up!
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Do not buy any DVD----Try fitness blender---that site is awesome and its free