abs workout or not??

Options
I have 2 questions for today...

1st my weight is 101.5kg abd waist is 41inch and m a big boned male :3

So I wanted to know can I lose fat and go down to as low as 34 inch?? Or should I be up and expect only till 38?? Plus which is the best way to see fat percent?

2nd my tummy is bit broad and I do daily 35min cardio without break and 25-45 min of weight lifting with break...my fat percemt might lie around 25%..not sure...So should I do workout focusin on abs?? I don't have love handle or side tyre...but my tummy is big but compared to before less....

And what is my fat %??

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have 2 questions for today...

1st my weight is 101.5kg abd waist is 41inch and m a big boned male :3

So I wanted to know can I lose fat and go down to as low as 34 inch?? Or should I be up and expect only till 38?? Plus which is the best way to see fat percent?

Without knowing your height, nobody can say for certainty if 34" is feasible or not. That said, I'd think it probably is.
    2nd my tummy is bit broad and I do daily 35min cardio without break and 25-45 min of weight lifting with break...my fat percemt might lie around 25%..not sure...So should I do workout focusin on abs?? I don't have love handle or side tyre...but my tummy is big but compared to before less....

There's no real need to ab/core specific exercises. I'd suggest sticking to compound lifts (squat, deadlift, bench, rows). Those will work your ab/core muscles all they really need. Also, I'd recommend doing the weightlifting first, so the cardio doesn't tire you out first.
    And what is my fat %??

Nobody can truly answer that for you, I'm afraid. If you want, go join this group here, and read/post on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105598-bodyfat-estimation-thread

It'll only be a guess/estimation, but Sara and SideSteel seem to be pretty good with their estimations - it should give you a ballpark figure.
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My height is 178cm

I do 20mins of treadmill burning roughly 350cal and then move to workout....sometimes I do 20mins of treadmill 15mins of ellip and again 10mins of treadmill...no workout that day...

Am main focused of getting abs...so I was wondering at what percent and weight should I start working out for abs...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    20 mins on treadmill burning 350 oooooh please tell me how?
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My weight is roughly 101.5 and I do at 9km/hr....

That's approx 350cal