Keeping motivated?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Zoe. I'm 21 years old. I have always been pretty big. My problem is that when I start to eat healthy and exercise I always start off really well. I lose sometimes up to 20 pounds in a month or two, but as soon as I start to plateau, my motivation drops off completely. How do I keep it going? What do you guys do?
A little extra info is that I battle with depression, especially in the winter time. When I start to feel more depressed, like on those days when it feels like I'm super-glued to the bed, I tend to over eat. I take a B complex and Vitamin D for it, because I am deficient in both.
Any advice is totally welcome! Thank you.

Replies

• sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm the same. I lose weight then comfort eat and put on more. I've decided to do a sponsored slim for cancer research. Knowing that I would let such a good cause down if I don't keep it up, I'm hoping will keep me motivated.
  • princessamye_22
    Options
    Hi, I am also the same. I just joined today so don't have much advice for you. But I typically loose a lot of weight in the spring and when it stays light later. When the sun is shining when I get off work I will go for bike rides, walks, and hikes. I am fortunate to have a large dog who needs plenty of exercise. I feel like if I don't get him out for a ride, hike or walk I am letting him down. Generally if I have my dog or friends with me (sometimes my friends enjoy being active, but a lot of time it's just me) it doesn't feel like exercise and is just plain fun.
    The eating aspect is where I struggle. I am good at dieting and can loose a good amount of weight, but I am not good at maintaining. As soon as I start to have just a little bit of sugar I start to crave it ALL the time. That's why the holidays are generally harder for me, with treats around everywhere. I'm hoping by tracking my calories I will make better food choices for example today I decided to forgo my usual latte at starbucks for an americano to have more calories for good food like fruits, veggies and lean meats (so I do not feel hungry).
    If you would ever like to chat to keep each other motivated and encourage each other I'd definitely be down! I think it is so much easier to stay motivated and excited about this journey/life style change when you talk with like minded people to encourage you. :)
    Best of luck!