Total NOOB - Help!

Options
sbicica
sbicica Posts: 52 Member
Well… I’m 5’6”, 164 lbs, 22 years old and unhappy. I’m promising myself that this is the last time I will “start” my healthy lifestyle. I had been going to group fitness classes a few months ago but they got insanely expensive so now I’m trying to work out at home and on my own (which is hard to start when you have no idea what you’re doing…).

I plan to eat healthy foods as close to my calorie goal as possible, do cardio 5-6 times a week for an hour (stationary bike, running, elliptical) and I want to start strength training, which I have never done before. I’m starting off with squats, planks, push-ups (if you can even call it a push-up…) but I’m not sure what else to do at home for strength training.. any ideas? I have purchased a resistance band, I have 5 lb hand weights just not sure what moves to do.. I also have Jillian Michaels’ 30 day shred and ripped in 30 DVDs and would be willing to buy more if anyone has any suggestions!

Thanks,
Samantha
(Total NOOB)

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :flowerforyou:

Do you have a Pinterest account? There are a lot of great body weight total body strength workouts on there. If you have an account, find my 'Fitness' board (name is TiffanyLaCourse).

Best of luck! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Well… I’m 5’6”, 164 lbs, 22 years old and unhappy. I’m promising myself that this is the last time I will “start” my healthy lifestyle. I had been going to group fitness classes a few months ago but they got insanely expensive so now I’m trying to work out at home and on my own (which is hard to start when you have no idea what you’re doing…).

I plan to eat healthy foods as close to my calorie goal as possible, do cardio 5-6 times a week for an hour (stationary bike, running, elliptical) and I want to start strength training, which I have never done before. I’m starting off with squats, planks, push-ups (if you can even call it a push-up…) but I’m not sure what else to do at home for strength training.. any ideas? I have purchased a resistance band, I have 5 lb hand weights just not sure what moves to do.. I also have Jillian Michaels’ 30 day shred and ripped in 30 DVDs and would be willing to buy more if anyone has any suggestions!

Thanks,
    Samantha
    (Total NOOB)

Stength training that I like ......Kelly Coffey Meyer: http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/kelly-coffey-meyer-exercise-videos-107

I have this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-weights-7991

and this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-your-best-body-6107

If you're doing cardio that you like......skip 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30.... because it's circuit training (cardio+strength) .....in favor of a strength based video.
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks, tiffanylacour!! I'll follow you now :)

and thanks, TeaBea ! I'll look at those videos when I get home from work :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Thanks, tiffanylacour!! I'll follow you now :)

and thanks, TeaBea ! I'll look at those videos when I get home from work :)

You're welcome! :)