Any newbies surprised by just how good it feels to exercise?

Options
Granted this is my first week of cardio in years (and I hardly last more than half an hour on any one machine), but I find I have been... enjoying myself (!) and even looking forward to it so far. Lower back pain was a limiting factor years ago but somehow it doesn't seem too bad this time despite considerable weight gain. I think another difference is that for the first time ever I am working out in the morning rather than evening. It jazzes me up for much of the day. I love it. I hope the feeling sticks around.

Replies

• l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My exercise relationship is like any normal human relationship. Some days, I pretty much jump out of bed, ready to throwdown at the gym. Other days I want to avoid the gym like the plague (usually on ab days) . Working out is up and down, but once you get into the habit, you feel the NEED to workout, despite how you feel that day.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah hopefully I don't start singing a different tune when I start lifting in a week or two (which I have done sporadically over the years for months at a time). I will admit that the prospect of resuming *that* doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. But that too must be done to get the body I want.
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Newbie runner here, definitely enjoying the improved sleep!
  • bpcreel
    bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way as you do! I used to exercise at home before going to bed and I hated it! Now I exercise at the gym and during the morning hours! I feel great and I actually look forward to my workouts! Good luck!
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    finally a thread about feeling good exercising.

it does actually..