Pedometer Recommendations?

Options
I am looking for a good, accurate pedometer for cheap. I really would like the fitbit zip but really cannot afford it right now. What are some good pedometers?I would like it to calculate steps and distance. Any thing else is really a plus.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Look at the Omron options on Amazon.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you have an ipod or smartphone, there's already a pedometer included.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love Fitbit. I have a One and I love it. Customer service is great, syncs up well with MFP, and does a pretty good job with accuracy. Only negative was the price ($99), but I looked at it as an investment. 25 lbs later, no regrets. Doesn't monitor heart rate, so there's the down side.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the price tag being an issue. I'm sure you can find something, as mentioned above, on Amazon for a decent price.
  • cleefelty
    cleefelty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ♥ my Omron HJ-112 Pocket Pedometer! I am back to wearing it daily after not using it since April. It really helped me. I recently returned to work and the only con with the Omron HJ-112 was that it is a bit on the bulky side when wearing professional clothing, so I got questions about it being a medical device. I am considering ordering the smaller Omron HJ-321 Tri-axis Pedometer to wear under my clothing/more discreet to address this.

Overall a great value, accurate, and no headaches with syncing, etc. (I record my daily steps under "Check In" here on MFP.)

Good luck!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the Omron suggestion. I used mine for years and loved it.

I would also suggest you keep an eye on ebay for the Fitbit Zip. Since there are many species of Fitbit out now and the Zip was one of the first---you can pick one up for very close to the $30 price point that the Omron will run you. And while my Omron did the job. My fitbit has my <3.

Hope that helps. Good luck!