A short period of gluttony can have a lasting effect

Options

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Yes, the article is interesting, but being the scientist that I am, I am skeptical. It's too bad that they didn't list the source of the study, or even the "group of Swedish researchers" so that I could look up the study and evaluate it for myself.
  • dale49
    dale49 Posts: 37
    Options
    Interesting and a bit depressing. If over-eating for such a short time can have such a negative long-tern effect, I hate to think what over-eating over a long term can do! Oh...wait...I think I know!! :sad:
  • thenymph
    Options
    I'd wonder if the "gluttony group" actually returned to normal eating habits after the study. Eating fast food 2x / day for 4 weeks probably would have been a difficult habit to break...
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    Sure, binging for a month is going to change a few things, but the article never addresses what the binge group did after the test. Did they try to lose weight after? Were the others trying to lose weight after? Binging like that causes addictions to high fat and sugar foods that you have to break and that's probably why their body compositions were still like that after they binged so much. They hadn't broken the addiction. If you have a four week binge and then eat clean habitually, I guarantee you that you will lose the weight you gained and all your cholesterol levels, etc. will be back to normal.