HUMMUS!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I have posted a hummus thread before..I love it so!! :laugh: :heart:

I am ADDICTED to the Sabra Jalapeno hummus!! Amazing!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 135lb lost....amazing.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :heart: hello tamtastic :flowerforyou:
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    what do you eat it with?
  • dreamcatcher139
    Options
    I love Sabra hummus! Garlic Lovers and Spinach and Artichoke are my favorites...but the hummus and pita chips get really expensive, lol, so it's a once in a while thing for me. Hehe.
  • Dianne4Him
    Dianne4Him Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just bought it for the FIRST time this week ... not sure if i'll like it though ... what's some other favorite things to eat with it?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Congrats on your 135lb lost....amazing.
    Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • imatur912
    Options
    I love hummus with pretzel thins!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I love Sabra hummus! Garlic Lovers and Spinach and Artichoke are my favorites...but the hummus and pita chips get really expensive, lol, so it's a once in a while thing for me. Hehe.
    Make your own hummus (check out the other MFP threads for simple recipes) & make your own Pita chips, way cheaper and you can make it anyway you like :):) YUm
  • starstealing
    Options
    ohmigosh Diane - everything???? Carrots.... pita bread... pita chips... on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with a veggie burger... BY THE SPOONFUL... hummus is sooooooo good.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :heart: hello tamtastic :flowerforyou:

Hey!! How are ya?? :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    what do you eat it with?
    I like these pita puffs I find at Trader Joes. Or the Wasa crisp n light crackers. Whatever I can find to dip or spread it on! :love:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/115792-spinach-artichoke-hummus:tongue:
  • tlamhain
    tlamhain Posts: 15
    Options
    I like Joseph's Kalamata Olive & Artichoke hummus on carrot (any type of veggie sticks really) , RF Triscuts and I just tried it on Wasa Crisp bread! YUM!!!! I also like as a wrap with a tortilla, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, cukes, carrot shreds... etc...
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I just bought it for the FIRST time this week ... not sure if i'll like it though ... what's some other favorite things to eat with it?
    I'm not a huge fan of the plain. I love the jalapeno, spicy, garlic, chipotle, roasted red pepper, etc.. DELICIOUS!
  • rells
    rells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I to am a hummus addict. Usually just the ordinary type, but love any I have tasted, roasted pepper, pesto - It all bliss... mmmmmm Yum:heart:
    One of my local supermarkets has started to sell it as a 450g container. Ah, my hand puts it in the basket before I have a say. Its the one food I find hard to be in control of portions. But have replaced dunking potato crisps with now healthier raw broccoli or carrot.
    Have been doing well being in control of my intake and exercise so far since April, but lately feeling weaker. Went bit crazy yesterday diving into pot and trying to stop myself - Basically out of control.
    Going to have hummus as the main part of my lunch tomorrow. to stop me nibbling it and eating other stuff.

Well done with your weight loss. You look slim, fit and healthy in your pic.
    I to have been getting fitter by jogging. In a past life would never have believe ME being slimmer & jogging. BUT it means i CAN eat hummus and loose weight. YaY!!

Good luck with your healthy career.:drinker:
    Rells
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hummus! Yum! I really like using it in place of mayo on sandwiches, and so much better for you. I also use it as a vegetable dip....only a small portion. I've never found a flavor I'm not fond of yet!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I bought my first Hummus several days ago and its been just sitting there since I really didnt know what to do with it. Its officially on my "things to eat" list for tomorrow :)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Sabra ridiculously spicy hummus!!! Sooooooooooo good with crackers
  • ohGo
    ohGo Posts: 5
    Options
    I often use it instead of mayonnaise. I love the sun dried tomato!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Ok I will openly admit I honestly didnt know what Hummus is so I googled it. What I found in the process was ALOT of recipes for just about any Hummus you could possibly want to make! Had to share :)

http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/a/hummus101.htm