anyone ever worked out twice a day?

Options
or is this extreme? I was thinking about doing some light jogging or elliptical in the morning and then weight lifting when i get out of work which is at 4-5. is it too much? im looking to lose some weight before my dress fitting. like 10-15lbs in a month and half. thank you!

Replies

• indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do twice a days often. Ill do cardio am. Strength training pm. Works out great for me almost at goal. Will have lost about 50 pounds in a little over 3 months
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No for me. Just once a day in the morning or the evening after work. That's all the cardio I need.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yes, lots of people do it, and no, it is not "extreme".

Just build up to it slowly.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    In the summer I would run before work & strength train after work two days a week, and it was awesome. Now that I'm running on the treadmill during the week I'm just doing them back-to-back at night, but I'm looking forward to longer, less snowy days when I can get back outside in the mornings.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do from time to time (actually did it today). I say do what's best for you and your schedule. I often find it easier and more doable to do two- a- days instead of trying to carve out time to do it all at once. Best wishes to you.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yea it's completely fine, tons of people do it, just don't burn yourself out because that's easy to do. 12 pounds of weight loss is very doable in 6 weeks, 15 is a bit of a stretch. Try and lose 2 pounds a week to stay on track