Fitbit takes forever to sync

Options
For the past week or so, I've noticed that my Fitbit is not syncing as often as it once did. Tonight, for example, it's basing my total calories burned on where I was at 5:20 PM. That was before I did my workout. Sometimes, it's not a huge deal, but other times I would really like to know how many extra calories I have to eat. Surely I'm not the only person having this problem. I have unlinked the accounts and re-added them, but it seems ridiculous to think of having to do this every day. Am I being stupid about something all of a sudden? :)

Any suggestions?

Thx!!

Replies

• Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think the interface between Fitbit and MFP was down for quite a while today. Mine just woke up a little while ago. There seem to have been other disconnects recently. It's easy enough to calculate your adjustment to see where you stand.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if there was someway to force the sync between Fitbit and MFP. I've been having the same problem today, too.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Also having the same problem. Fitbit will sync but credit will not be given (for various lapses of time) to MFP.
    Hopefully the Tech-Gods and Goddesses are watching this conversation and will get right to work on the magic solution to alleviate all of our worries.
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can guesstimate what I have to work with, but it would be nice if it worked consistently.

I would love to be able to force it to sync. I've been willing it to happen all night, but no luck there. :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can usually force a sync by going to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 and disconnecting then reconnecting your accounts.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I noticed so lag in syncing today as well, but as of now it seems to have caught up.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I too would love a way to force a sync. Sometimes it will be 11pm and my fitbit estimated calorie burn on mfp will be based on my burn up to 10am (prior to my workday where I am on my feet and moving all day). Hard to know if I can have a piece of candy or handful of chips at the end of the day.
    *Right now at 9pm, my calorie burn is based on my total at 11am :(
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to all of the Christmas gifts people got. I got a Fitbit for Christmas, and I bet a lot of other people did, too.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You can usually force a sync by going to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 and disconnecting then reconnecting your accounts.

That worked for me.

Thanks!
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I bought my fitbit at the beginning of December and have noticed this issue since I got it. Doubt that it's just due to Christmas gifts since it was a problem before Christmas too.
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lay off, newbies!! I've got some ice cream riding on this!! :bigsmile:

I kid. I kid.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This is still a problem for me - anyone else?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    There are multiple threads about it in the "Fitbit Users" group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I had problem syncing last night as I was also watching to see what I could eat .Hope problem with syncing will end soon.