looking for weight loss motivation

Options
hi, I'm obviously new ....and I'm just looking for motivation, I'm trying to tell myself that I'll do it after the first of January, but realistically not sure that will do it, since it's not something that happened any other year! lol

I was wondering about a diet that is like rotating day's of fasting? has anyone here had success with that? looking for something where I'm not constantly starving and beating myself up for not making it through the week, let alone the months it will take to lose this.
so I will probably just stick around and listen and see what's working for others. Last thing I did was HCG, and although it worked and I've mostly kept off what I lost (about 30 from HCG) I've learned it's a problem for people with blood clotting issues, which I have sooo not thinking it's a good idea again../sigh

thanks for reading :)

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    hi,

im an IF (intermittent fasting) practitioner. I can help you with that.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You have come to the right place! I joined june 2012 and have lost 130 pounds! you need to eat a balanced diet everyday, have an open diary (this is so your friends can help you with suggestions) and have a lot of friends for support! I am sending you a friend request, because I think we can support & encourage each other through this journey!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    First, I would like for you to stop being so hard on yourself. You have to commit to yourself that this is something YOU want. No one else can make this change for you. You dont have to wait until the year new. START NOW! Do something to make yourself feel proud.I have never ever tried those diets. The atkins seem to work well when I am following it. I've only lost 49lbs, but I am not through with this journey. I have a ways to go. Feel free to add me for support. JUST KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS!!:flowerforyou:
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too for the millionth time...but we can do this!! 2014 is the year!! I am 40 and have about 100 pounds to lose would love to help motivate each other ...looking for support too.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fasting fan, but we all need to find our 'thing'. I'm tracking my eating and exercising in the morning before others get up. I'm NOT a morning person, but it was the only thing that worked with my family. I have two kids that are 4 and 6 and they get my evening time.

I'm 48.

It hasn't worked before because you haven't been committed enough. WHY do you want this? Do you want to feel better? Live longer? etc? write it down. truly FEEL it, and then you have something to turn to on the bad days because there Will be bad days. we all have them.

Welcome!
    Nancy
  • covenantwife
    Options
    So many changes for me in 2013, death of a parent, back in school full time and working full time. I'm a nurse, but not feeling real healthy right now. I'm tired and need to lose weight to have more energy, did I mention I am raising my 5 year old grandson... I decided that it is time to do something for me. We have a big Disney vacation planned in Sept., so it is my goal to get 50lbs off before then, so I can enjoy the amusement park with my little lovebug. So feel free to add me and we can lose this weight together. Right now time management is an issue for me. Trying to get better at planning meals ahead, no eating the cafeteria food at the hospital, wearing my pedometer and my HRM and getting at least 5 days in at the gym. I'm not waiting til January to start though, I started today. Best of luck to you. You can do this.