Garlic sauce ideas?

Options
cmccoy0901
cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
I'm looking for ideas of how to make a healthy garlic sauce for my steamed vegetables?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    get a clove of garlic. smash it into some olive oil. heat it up a little. add salt and pepper. pour over your veggies.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ...or fry some crushed garlic in your favourite oil till fragrant(do not burn it or it'll taste bitter) add a splash of low sodium stock, little soy sauce or tamari and thicken with a tiny bit of cornflour disolved in some water then whisk in to thicken. You could add some grated ginger in with the garlic if you want a more style Asian flavour.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    get a clove of garlic. smash it into some olive oil. heat it up a little. add salt and pepper. pour over your veggies.

This.^^

Only I also add oregano and a touch of white vinegar as well. It's amazing on veggies or as a marinade for meats.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like good ideas! We love garlic but I never thought of making a sauce out of it. I'm actually imagining garlic butter sauce from pizza hut... oh gosh that was good stuff. I don't think the calorie count on it was that bad either. A teaspoon of butter probably wouldn't use too many calories compared to the flavor.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of this in fridge at all times. It's a great dipping sauce for beef and lamb. Great on potatoes or veggies.

Garlic Sauce Recipe

Blend the following ingredients:

• 20 to 25 cloves of garlic
    • 2 cups Canola Oil
    • 1/2 cup Sesame Seed Oil
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
    • 1/2 cup Orange Juice
    • Rosemary to taste
    • Pepper to taste
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Salsa Verde? I would put in more garlic than this recipe.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/sep/25/nigel-slater-classic-salsa-verde
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you want something creamier with a lot of garclicky goodness, roast whole heads of garlic, then smoosh out the cloves, mix with a little olive oil, S&P and any herbs you like while still hot. May have to add a little water or stock to thin out.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you want something creamier with a lot of garclicky goodness, roast whole heads of garlic, then smoosh out the cloves, mix with a little olive oil, S&P and any herbs you like while still hot. May have to add a little water or stock to thin out.

Sounds good. 1 to try :smile:
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This.^^

Only I also add oregano and a touch of white vinegar as well. It's amazing on veggies or as a marinade for meats.
    [/quote]

^^This

Acids are a great way to liven up flavors in things, try roasting cauliflower drizzled with EVO and lemon juice with some garlic tossed in as well