The number versus life

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 762 Member
Very interesting read http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/27/quantified_self_critique_personal_data_apps_for_calories_exercise_sleep.html

I had immense success losing weight strictly counting a couple of years ago but it wasn't a lifestyle I could sustain indefinitely. Feel somewhat validated with my more lackadaisical approach this time (granted, no weight lost yet but the exercise is happening now :-) )

Replies

• barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too have taken a lifestyle change approach as I believe that is what really works. I've tried so many times to lose weight with different diets that have all shown me how to pack the pounds back on. My lifestyle now consists of healthier eating and exercising a lot more. I find that I do sway somewhat, sometimes but am so much more aware of what I need to do to get there. Being 60 I started to have kinds of aches and pains in my aging body and have eliminated that problem by exercise and eating better. I'm not saying I don't struggle sometimes because I do and am there right now. I know I will get over that and have to be patient with myself. I have had a lot going on in my life the past 10 years and realize I also need down time; which is healthy as well. This is far more important to me than checking out the scale every day; I know what my body is feeling:) cheers