I finally got on a scale

Options
This saturday i walked myself to my friends and used her scale............boy was i surprised i had guessed my starting weight to 157 i was really wrong i am a shocking 170 i was in tears. I couldn't believe i was that wrong. Even my friend was surprised as I honestly do not look that big at all. I felt sorry for myself the whole day. On a brighter note I did wear jeans to the party on sunday and i looked fantastic and felt very sexy and when i measured today I lost another 2 inches on my waist. This is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• melissac
    melissac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This saturday i walked myself to my friends and used her scale............boy was i surprised i had guessed my starting weight to 157 i was really wrong i am a shocking 170 i was in tears. I couldn't believe i was that wrong. Even my friend was surprised as I honestly do not look that big at all. I felt sorry for myself the whole day. On a brighter note I did wear jeans to the party on sunday and i looked fantastic and felt very sexy and when i measured today I lost another 2 inches on my waist. This is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are looking for the positive things and that is great. I have not lost a single lb all month but I did loose several inches as well so I know how you feel. At least we lost something!
    Keep it up and you will get the results you are looking for.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Awesome job melissa. I had a similiar experience and was shocked. When I started I didn't have a scale and since I don't know many people where I live I decided to buy one. Well needless to say when I finally stepped onto it I was shocked and horrified. I am glad I went ahead and bought one because now it keeps me motivated to see it move.

Keep up the good work!!!

Eve
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    congrats to both of you. Personally, I believe it's the inches that matter more then the pounds. That means you are not only loosing fat, but gaining muscle! Muscle will help you more in the long run because a) it looks better then fat. and b) it will burn more calories. The fact that you didn't loose any weight simply means you lost fat but gained muscle.