How early do you get up for AM workouts?

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45, make breakfast for myself and the hubs, pack his lunch and then hit the elliptical by 5:30 when he leaves for work. I do my 1/2 hour there, shower, and get to work by 7 am. If I don't work out before work, I'm usually suffering from my back all day, and them I'm too tired when I get home to work out.
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Try to be up by 5. You do get used to it after a week or so.:happy:
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 4:30 during the week. During the week I'm at the gym at 5 or downstairs doing my weights on non gym days. Weekends gym doesn't open until 7 so I can have some coffee before workout. I like to workout in the morning and not have to worry about it the rest of the day.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I wish I could just get up for morning workouts. My kids are super light sleepers (despite noise machines in their rooms) and the moment I start stirring they are awake and all up in my business. I can't workout in front of them because they are crazy distracting and won't stop asking questions "momma, why are you doing that? What's that called? A squat? Hahahaha that's funny! Oh, momma, you look like you're getting hot! Are you hot?" Blah blah blah! It's funny in hindsight, but in the middle of a workout it drives me crazy.

OMG thats my 3 year old right there lol. If I even roll over I swear he can hear it from his room than he wants on the treadmill with me and if I wont let him on he'll either turn it off or throw toys at me.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    5:15-5:30... gym by 5:45, done at 7:00. Work by 8 :)
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 5/5:15am. I have all my things packed the night before so I just put on my clothes and walk over to my gym which opens at 5:30am. I'm in the shower by 7am, out of Equinox by 8am to head for the subway and into the office.
  • Uzoh
    Uzoh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:45 am and get to the gym by 5:15 or 5:30 at the latest. I also go to be at 9pm.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I start my workout at 630 AM M-F. Weekends whenever or days of rest.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 4:00 and I'm at the gym by 4:20 (have to be at work by 7:00). The key is to have clothes and shoes laying right by the bed and water bottle already made.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Never! I tried doing 5 a.m. workouts and it was horrible for me. I give you all credit for being able to do so. Now I just go after or before work, depending on what shift I'm working.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    my alarm is set for 430am, but I'm usually up a little before it
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early so I can get up between 5-6 depending on what I have going on for the day. I love the solitude of that early morning before my husband gets up and it is still dark and quiet. I have a cup of coffee and catch up on the news then go work out in the basement. We have a home gym because we live too far to drive to one.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a 4:45 girl and my suggestion to you is buy a coffee maker with a programmer. Mine brews a pot at 4:15, I stagger downstairs around 4:30, have a huge glass of water and a cup of black coffee. I sit and breath deeply for 15 minutes while I enjoy the coffee. Then its on to business.

This sounds ridiculous but I am convinced I don't really wake up until halfway through a 40 minute workout, which thereby qualifies as sleeping until 5:15... problem solved ;)
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    6:30 to get ready for work... then work-out after work at about 4PM.. :bigsmile:
  • dlharwell
    dlharwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am just starting. I am a nurse who works 12-hour day shifts. I guess I will get up around 4:45 at the beginning to do a 35 minute work out. Any suggestions?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early. I have my alarm set for 430am, and i allow myself to hit snooze ONCE. My alarm ringtone is "eye of the tiger" so it's super motivating to wake up.

I have my gym clothes laid out, and my coffee pot set on a timer. I have my gym bag packed and ready to go, with my routine written down. Usually out the door by 520 to walk to the gym.

I also avoid those time suck distractions in the morning, like my phone. I don't check email or Facebook or texts. Just turn in the TV to see what the weather is going to be like.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You people are fantastic! I get up at 6:00 and go to the livingroom to do stretching until 7:00, 3 days a week on days I go to the pool. I have OA and do this to limber up. 7:30 a light breakfast for my husband and I--greek yogurt with 1/2 banana and a little raspberry jelly+a large mug of earl grey with lemon(no sugar). At 8:30 we're at the pool until 10:15--includes showering etc, then we're off to our favorite neighborhood bar in Rome where Elizabeta makes the best, creamiest cappucino and my husband (skinny thing) has a roll too. I permit myself one only on saturdays. However I admire the dedication out there, it's great to hear.
  • BrotherSpankus
    Options
    All your motivation is amazing! I struggle to get up at 8am! That's definitely gotta change though.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow. After reading everyone's posts I feel like a slug getting up at 5:45a. After taking care of the pets and grabbing some water I climb on my recumbent bike for a 45 minute ride. I don't think I really wake up until I'm about 15 minutes into it.....

Three times per week I try to get another round of exercise in later in the day.

I find if I get up and get the 45 minutes in, I feel much better the rest of the day, and I'm more likely to find opportunities to burn calories during the day by doing things like taking the stairs instead of an elevator. It is worth the early morning wake up.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I though I was tough but after reading this I realize I am a complete wimp lol. I get up at 6 on morning workout days - 3 days a week at the mo .I tend to do 30 minutes resistance or swimming or 45 minutes bike or run. I then get my shoes on at dinnertime and go for a run or a ride for 40 mins. My long workouts are a couple of evenings and Friday afternoon.