46 and need to loose 45 lb.. friends needed :o)

Options
Im so tired of waking up feeling bloated and blaaa but yet still hungry.. I had my first grand baby in june 2013 and have another due feb 2014.. I want pictures of me and them but at the moment i run when the camera comes out unless its me taking the pictures.. i feel so horrible about myself.. i also have a vac to bahamas in march 2014 (husband won this trip with his job!!) I really want to be able to feel good about myself by the pool etc.. I NEED THIS!!
my main problem is i really dislike vegetables .. i mean REALLY DISLIKE.. only way i can really get to eat them is to make a big pot of soup and then liquidise it lol guess thats what i need to do.. I plan on starting this journey jan 1st

WHO WANTS TO JOING ME SO WE CAN GIVE EACH OTHER ENCOURAGEMENT!!

Replies

• Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm here to lose a HUGE amount of weight (Almost 200 pounds), but with a good support system anything is possible!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in daily, and the only thing I ask of my friends is that they remain active with their posting! Staying quiet doesn't help anyone!

Good luck on your journey and look forward to chatting with you :)

Rob

P.S: Why start January 1st? No time better than TODAY! :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Owwwww lucky you! I can imagine you want to look at your best for such a holiday. Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • Kdenker
    Kdenker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love to have and provide encouragement. Just had my first grandson so it sounds like we are on similar paths. I have more to lose than you though :-)
  • BazingaSC
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on the grand baby!! i need to loose the same. I am 37 and I am ready to start too. You can eat whatever you like, if you eat stuff you hate you wont stick with it and waste time you could be losing. just make healthy options, and moderate with what you like to start . The more you loose the more you will want to eat better and you might find new food interests . I started a list of the foods i like and my body likes. I have everything from allergies (soy,dairy,gluten,walnut intolerances),thyroid and already done with menapause so my body is fighting me but i found foods that work. it did take a long time. People may tell you what to eat or what to do but you know your own body. I want to be more active and march is a perfect goal! I plan on 2 lbs a week on here. . I am in!!!!
  • Rebecca1552
    Options
    Congrats on the grandbabies... that's such a beautiful thing!

What a great incentive... a trip that your husband won! :smile:

Don't worry about the veggie thing... I eat the same food that I always have, but in moderation :smile: Just take things a day at a time and log honestly... your weight will change over time & you will love seeing those transformations! :flowerforyou:
  • kleigh712
    Options
    Hi everyone. This sounds like a group I can relate to. I'm 46 and a full-time working mom of 2 little boys. I had lost 45 lbs after my second son and kept it off for a year until this summer. I found out that I had to have a partial hysterectomy and stressed out about it. It was so bad that I was breaking out in hives with my throat closing, eyes and tongue swelling. I was a mess. I was put on steroids which didn't help and I gained back 20 pounds. I had my surgery at the end of October and at the end of November was given the all clear to start working out again. Since then I've gone up and down about 5 pounds and it's annoying the heck out of me. I just started doing TurboFire this week and trying to eat clean. I could really use some support. I'd like to lose about 30ish pounds.

PS: congratulations on the grandbabies!!!
  • itsmeamanda
    itsmeamanda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have had a tough time.. hopefully now you can concentrate of getting yourself back to where you want to be :o) you did it once and you know you can do it again
  • Sheil38
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 49 and need to lose about 20 pounds. Congratulations on the Grandchildren and the trip! L
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and recently lost 17 now I'm on to eating even better and toning up.

I'm working on continuing to eat even better and toning up. wherever the scale ends up it ends up now.

I responded on your other thread too. I have my way around the vegetables too.

Here's to 2014 ! You CAN do it
    Nancy
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vegetables -- personally, I love them, I enjoy the taste, crunch, whatever.

Yeah, they're chock full of nutrients.

But, if they're a major roadblock for you, just experiment with them slowly while doing everything else ... eat less, move more, try to hit your macros (make sure you're eating sufficient but not too many carbs, fats, and proteins) and that you're eating a reasonable amount. Use MFP, measure your food, don't under or over eat.

If the thought of eating broccoli makes you shudder ...

If fretting about vegetables is standing in the way of your journey ...

If you're thinking that you have to conquer vegetables to win the "skinny" war ...

Get over it. Vegetables aren't at war with you. Don't start a war with them. Start logging, start counting your calories/macros, move more, and if you find a vegetable on your plate at some point, give it a chance, they're not all bad.
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to lose about 48lbs and am starting on Jan 1st. if you want to send me a friend request for support please do.
  • Tala_
    Tala_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also 46 and have 35 lbs to lose. As others have stated, be diligent about logging your food in MFP. The last month has been a challenge for me with the holidays, so I understand about waiting till Jan 1st. Pace yourself with exercise by starting out slow and keep track of your calories. I love veggies so I'm not much help there, although I know there is a cookbook that explains how to "hide" vegetables in your food (the name escapes me). But could be worth a try.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey and congrats on the grandbabies!
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. You can do it.:happy:
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND ALL TOO WELL. I HAD THYROID SURGERY AND STRESSED OUT ABOUT IT AND AFTER THAT I STRESSED SOME MORE. I WENT FROM 276 LBS TO 216 LBS THEN BACK UP TO 249.6. I AM BACK NOW SINCE CHRISTMAS AND MY EATING IS NOT UNDER CONTROL BUT I DID MAKE A CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO LOG EVERYTHING I PUT IN MY MOUTH TODAY AND MOVE. I WILL BE HAPPY TO SUPPORT YOU AS WE ALL COULD USE THE SUPPORT. I EAT SOME VEGETABLES BUT MY EATING IS POOR. I CRAVE CARBS TO THE MAX. ALL OF A SUDDEN I AM A SNACK QUEEN AND I AM REALLY TRYING TO GET OUT OF THAT AS WELL I COULD USE SUPPORT AS WELL SO BY ALL MEANS ADD ME AS A FRIEND. THIS IS A JOURNEY NOT A SPRINT BUT AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN DILIGENT IN YOUR JOURNEY YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE ROAD THAT YOU ARE TAKING. HERE'S TO 2014. BEST TIME TO START IS RIGHT NOW. BABY STEPS. ONE STEP AT A TIME, ONE DAY AT A TIME. THAT IS MY NEW MOTTO. BEST WISHES TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like...
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! :)
  • MelissaRK1985
    MelissaRK1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to support each other. I need to lose about 20 pounds.
  • 4MsEm
    4MsEm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you...... Would love the support. Please add me
  • Sweetface421
    Sweetface421 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm 46, married, with two kids - one 14, one 6 (almost 7).
    I lost 33 lbs. back before I had my 14 yr. old and kept it off by staying on a high protein/veg-based diet. It was after I had my daughter that I saw a change in my ability to lose weight - I was not losing. I assume it has a lot to do with my age, metabolism slowing down, hormones, etc. I have had a very hard time losing weight over the past 6 years. Now I'm back up at the weight I was when I started to lose my first 30 lbs. Ugh.
    Early this year, I started logging here on MFP and working out harder than ever (5 x a week for an hour), hoping to see a change. But over a 3 month period, I only lost 5 lbs. I was so discouraged. I stopped logging.
    I decided this past week that I was going to get back on the horse and log my food and start working out again, but more for strength this time. Hopefully, weight loss will be a benefit. I'm doing the 30-day Challenges on Bodyrock.tv and incorporating lifting into my workouts this time, instead of going full-out cardio.
    Here's to being forty-something!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Start tomorrow, not the first. Make your decision as a decision, not a resolution. I found this app and site on the 23rd of November in the mid afternoon and began logging the very next day, weighed in, measured, everything. Start tomorrow.

Friend me if you need some encouragement from time to time. Good luck.