gain?

Tinamac1
Tinamac1 Posts: 39
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just started on MFP Friday and it says I should have 1860 calories a day. I have only been eating around 1000-1200 for a few months now and have lost 30lbs. My family got to nagging me for not eating enough so I seen this site and all the good thing you guys have been saying and thought I would try it. Here's the thing...I'm scared if I eat that many calories (I know I don't have to or anything.) I'm gonna gain that 30 lbs back. That is NOT an option! Can anyone give me some advice that will help me eat more and not gain? I do exercise everyday one way or another. :heart:

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Ok so you have already lost 30 pounds, thats great!! Congratulations! Have you stopped losing? If you have, then your family and MFP are correct you need to eat more to lose! You just got started so give it a week or two doing the suggested calorie intake and see how it goes. Don't worry your not going to gain back 30 pounds in 2 weeks! :tongue:
    Congratulations on your loss!:drinker:
    Also remember you want to log in your excercise as well as your food, and you need to eat even more when you excercise! It was hard for me (and a lot of us) to get that through our heads but if you visit peoples profile and see there success you will realize it works! It take time to perfect it but keep at it and it WILL pay off!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Here's the thing, I was eating 1000 cals per day and not losing weight. Came on here, upped it to 1200-1300 and lost 2lbs the first week.

You can only try it hun. You wont ever put 30lbs back on if you try it for a week or two.

I haven't eaten into my exercise calories that much, but I certainly am eating more. Start off slow, Eat 200 more and see how you go. If that's ok, eat another 200. You definitly shouldn't be eating below 1200 as I've heard a million times on here since i've been here :bigsmile:

Good luck
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    I have gained a bit...not even a lb though cause when I seen I cut back my intake again . I know I freak out over little things. Ill keep up with it and see how it goes. Thank you guys I feel better now!
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    You should stick with eating more for three or four weeks before deciding whether or not it's working. Don't let a temporary gain within the first couple of weeks scare you into eating less. It takes time for these changes to really take place in your body.

Also...if you're not already in the habit of keeping track of your measurements, start now! Don't rely solely on what the scale says. It's only one tool to show your progress, and sometimes focusing on it too much can psyche us out. I'm actually not weighing in again until late September. I get way too wrapped up in what the scale says, so I have to limit my weigh-ins so that I can focus on attaining my other goals--like becoming a runner, etc.

You might even try not weighing yourself for three or four weeks while you try this out. I did this back in May. After a month of eating 1200 and not losing any weight, I upped my calories, ate most of my exercise calories, and didn't weigh myself for 3 weeks. I wound up losing three pounds during that time frame, and continued to lose weight after that, mostly at that higher calorie level.

Good luck with whatever you decide! Don't worry about gaining a bunch of weight during this time. It's highly unlikely you'll gain any real weight in the space of a few weeks, and there's a very good chance that this will kickstart more weight loss for you if you stay consistent.
This discussion has been closed.