LF: New Female Friends into Weight Lifting / Nutrition!!!

Options
Hello,

I'm Looking For some new friends!

I've been on here for a few years (according to my profile! lol). About me, 44, mom of 1, 2 x full marathoner (too many 1/2's and 5's to count!), Turbo Fire & Les Mills x 2 graduate moving away from cardio-based programs and now moving on to lifting weights and getting STRONG!!

I'm new to weights, in my second week, and would like some female weight lifting buddies. I need help with nutrition and getting enough cals in, getting in the daily amounts of protein/carbs/fats, etc. Just looking for support, motivation, encouragement and the like!

Replies

• LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    been using 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. diary open if you want to look. my strength workouts are on JeFit and open to any members to look at.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi runcolleenrun! I'm 44, too, and into lifting. I was just telling my husband that because I lift and now have core strength, even hiking is easier. ;) I'm a bit of a low-carber health freak and you can look at my diary any time. I am tweaking it to make up for my overeating on the weekends, so don't freak when you see how low my daily goal is.

I'm also on Jefit.com (with LiftHeavyWeights), and you can see my exercise routine, which are supersets by muscle groups.

I also do some of the exercises on shovelglove.com, which you can also see here: http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/my_video_tips/sledgehammer.html