Need a Fitness Pal pal

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a 49 year old (50 is fast approaching) super busy woman who would like someone in similar circumstances to be accountable to. current weight 187.5, peri-menopausal (so mood swings, appetite changes, and everything else that goes along with it); I have an aching knee and a sciatic issue, so exercise is a challenge. I am a successful freelance court reporter, so i work ALOT. I have ben married 23 years and have one girl in the Navy and one in high school. My husband and daughter do not like veggies or anything good for them. Having said all that, I could really use some help:happy:

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me but i only support mutually supportive friends

very good luck with your journey
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm starting MFP (again!) & we sound similar. I'm 51 with 3 kids (high school, middle school & kindergarten) starting at 180lbs. Lost a bunch about a year and a half ago, but promptly put it back on plus some. I read something recently that talked about how people who are not successful choose what they want most for what they want now. I think that fits me perfectly & need to keep it in mind as the pie calls my name. The whole family (less me, of course) is naturally thin & the kids are very athletic our meals need to be fairly calorie dense. And there's the whole "poor pitiful me" thing with all the junk in the house that everyone but me can and does eat. So support from MFP friends is essential! I got a Fitbit for Christmas & am hoping that it helps me stay motivated.
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OK, reread my post & the quote makes no sense -- let's try again! People who are not successful give up what they want most for what they want now. :)
  • tonigone
    tonigone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 40 years old and am finding success with Ideal Protein although I have lost 36 pounds so far the scale is now stuck and not morning. I am at 217 and would like to hit 210 by January 15. I workout hard each day and try to burn at least 400-500 calories each day. I feel that maybe I'm not getting enough calories anymore and I'm going to increase my calories by 100 per day and see if that will help the weight start to come off.
  • mrussell60
    Options
    fitbit is very good motivator ……. I actually got the scale too. This is the year for "me" so I am going to get to my target weight come hell or high water. Already lost 75lbs in the last few tears and keep toying with the last 40 lbs. You can add me if you want as I log on almost every day. Good luck!
  • iseemuffins
    iseemuffins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I need a myfitnesspal pal too! Pls add me as your friend and we can do it together! I am 44 working full time with 2 kids. I need to lost the most stubborn 10 lbs and tone up. I just ordered a Shaun T's Rock'n Body DVD and should receive the discs by today. I plan to follow the exerciseprogram to dance myself to slim and fit. Also, it is a really beautiful day in SOCAL, I am going out for a walk before lunch with cousins. Good luck everyone. :)
  • harmony_joy
    harmony_joy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    please add me as well. It is day 1 for me.