adding black beans to lean buger patties?

Options
Lynn_babcock
Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
So I have lean grass fed ground beef (no tallow added back in) I want to make into patties for hambugers and add black beans to it. What would be the best ratio for success? Would I be better adding eggs to help them stick together?

Replies

• Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Do you mash your beans or leave them whole?
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    They will stay together better if you mash them. I would just play around with the ratio, i guess it depends on what micros you want in the end result. Are you wanting to add black beans to increase fibre intake? Or maybe to reduce calories?

I make black bean burgers without meat. I use a chopper to blend the beans, spices and veggies together. I find the more they are blended the better they stick together, and yes, an egg will help.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    They will stay together better if you mash them. I would just play around with the ratio, i guess it depends on what micros you want in the end result. Are you wanting to add black beans to increase fibre intake? Or maybe to reduce calories?

I make black bean burgers without meat. I use a chopper to blend the beans, spices and veggies together. I find the more they are blended the better they stick together, and yes, an egg will help.

Great ideal! Sounds fantastic!