Vegetarian/Vegan Friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    hi all, I am also a vegetarian but eating totally vegan when I'm at home. I live in Wisconsin aka the dairy state so when I'm not at home it's hard to avoid dairy because they put butter and cream and cheese In everything!!! Since last year I have consciously made an effort to not eat out to avoid as much dairy as I can. I try to eat whole food plant based as often as I can. I am also raising my daughter this way which is not always easy because of the peer pressure she gets from her friends. I am pretty happy with the balance I have in my diet. I would love some vegetarian/vegan friends please feel free to add me :)
  • mark_finewood
    mark_finewood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegetarian from the Finger Lakes area of Upstate New York. I've been a vegetarian for about 2 years. Before that I had interest in becoming a vegetarian but just couldn't imagine how I could survive on a vegetarian diet, for example - what in the world can you eat at McDonald's if you're a vegetarian?

I've since cleared those hurdles (there's not much for us to eat at McDonald's) and now that I've been a vegetarian for a while the thought of eating meat really grosses me out. It's slimy, it has to be killed somehow and the whole process of making it into something edible is just really gross.

Also, I grew up on a farm so I've seen and done my share of killing and I don't want to be part of it anymore. Those animals don't want to be killed any more than you or I do so if we can survive without eating meat then why shouldn't we?

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to exchange some vegetarian motivation, ideas and/or recipes.