For holiday meals, who sits at the head of the dinner table?

Options
EddieHaskell97
EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
At your house and you're hosting the big holiday meal. A guest seats themselves at the head of your rectangular dining room table. Cool with you or not?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Give seating assignments ahead of time or personalized place holders for each. A step ahead can solve so many headaches and unneeded family/guest/friend drama.

Edited for typo.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    We're pretty informal. Anyone can sit at the head of the table position. Even the kids.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    if its a family thing we all already have "our spots"

soo there is never any thing about it
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses, I really appreciate it. I feel the same way! I actually prefer to be in the chair closest to the kitchen so I can more easily get drinks, paper towels for spills, etc...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't care where they sit. I don't sit at the grown-ups table anyway. I always sit at the kid's table with my Granddaughters.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    At your house and you're hosting the big holiday meal. A guest seats themselves at the head of your rectangular dining room table. Cool with you or not?

Not anal enough to be worried, not fixated on status enough that it means anything anyway.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nobody in my family has a preference as long as we get to spend time together and eat good food! The thought of needing assigned seats is a baffling concept to me.